Got a bit of a shocker today when I got Kadee from practice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
I had to take my son to soccer practice today. And he got out an hour before Kadee got out of practice. It just wasnt doable to go home and then back..so we went to the gym. As Im sitting on the couch watching cartoons with my son the HC comes over. She says, well, Kadee only has to get two more of her L4 skills and she will be ready to compete. I was a bit taken aback. She was an L2 last year and was to be an L3 this year. (Kadee had mentioned that she was an L4 last week..but I just thought she ment she was up-training).They decided that they wanted to skip over L3 with her if she could get the skills in time. She said she still had to get her front hip circle on bars..and her ROBHS on floor. (can do it with a light spot well..and has a slight hesitation when doing it herself between the RO and the BHS.). So she is close on the ROBHS. Later after gym was over her HC came out and said..okay..she has one thing left to get before she has all her L4 skills (her ROBHS..and she says she is really close).
So I guess if she is able to get that ROBHS in time..she will compete L4 this season.
I was shocked. And Kadee is over the moon.

Well isn't that just wonderful. She must be very excited. If she can do the RO BHS with a spot she'll be fine.

Now go plant that money tree.

Thank you. She is just so excited. She is a little upset that her little friend isnt going to move up with her YET. This other little girl competed with her last year at the same level as her. And they were both training L3 for this season. But this other little girl wont be 6 until Feb (Kadee turned 6 last month)...so once Feb comes then they will be together again (at least thats the plan Stan..lol). I tried to explain to Kadee that they will all progress at different speeds and that all they can do is support each other the best they can in the level they are in. And that once they get older (if they are both still in it) and the age doesnt factor in anymore that they may very well be in the same level..or it may be reversed at some point. But not to let the levels come into play..and just have fun.
And yes, Daddy is going to have to get a part time job to pay for these meets. I was looking at the meet list..it has the meets, dates, fees..ect on it. There is a 20-25 dollar more a meet average between the L3 and L4. (shocked again..lol). Plus she will end up going to the State L4 "Fun" meet if she ends up competing L4.
We shall see how all this plays out. I will be happy for her either way. She goes in there every practice and works her little fanny off...and has a blast doing it. Thats all that matters anyway.
Again thank you all.
lhmom..her first meet is Dec9th-11th. (host meet)

Yeah for Kadee! What an accomplishment!! thats very exciting!! On a side note.....I personally hated the level 3 floor music, so be glad you won't have to endure that!! LOL!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back