Parents got the mri results...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It looks like Ms. Gym Thing has some bone contusions. She has one on her femur and her tibia. Man..that must've been one tough landing! Last Wednesday, the doc said she would need 4-6 weeks to heal and she was to do nothing that caused her pain. My dh talked to the doc again today (he's a customer of dh's) and he asked us if she was still limping and we reported that she was. He told us he wanted her on crutches for a week. We're supposed to make an appt. for 10 days out to have her checked again. She'll most definitely be missing her next meet in two weeks. We're 3 weeks out from the injury, so I'm really hoping she'll start getting some relief in the next few weeks. She is sooo ready to be able to do gym again! She's going for just the first hour of her practices to do core conditioning and then coming home. It's nice to have her home so much more, but it's really starting to affect her mood! LOL! Keep sending the healing fairies our way!!

Oh man, that is tough! Poor thing. I hope she heals up quickly and is cleared for the meet after the next one. I can only imagine how stir crazy she is going without being able to attend gym full time. My dd is the same age and drives us nuts when she is not in gym. Too much energy!

Healing vibes headed your way!

Oh dear, poor kid. There is nothing worse than pain topped with rest for an active child. My 14 year old is driving me nuts as she has a three month no sports at all thing going on! I feel your pain.

Sending her healing fairies!

I'm so sorry!:( Poor thing, the injury sounds awfully painful. I know that my gymmie can hide a limp (and pain) pretty well sometimes so for her to still be limping...like I said, poor thing.

Hopefully this small rest period will really speed up the healing for her!

Sending healing fairies her way! It is really tough for them to only go to the gym and condition, ecspecailly when the others are doing gymnastics around them. My daughter went through this last year and missed a meet and a had really tough time. She needs lots of hugs.

Oh, no. That sounds quite painful - and like Bog said, rest for an active kid is pure torture!

Hang in there - hope she's on the mend ASAP!

Hope your DD is feeling better soon! It's so hard for these kids to have to be off and watch their team mates keep moving. My youngest is finally coming back from and ACL repair and it's been a long tough road for all of us. My older daughter had surgery to repair a fracture the middle of October and I'm really glad it's the college trainer she is driving crazy and not us! LOL Tell your DD to take it easy until she is pain free - bone contusions are nothing to mess with, and keep up with the ice and ibuprofen. It will seem like the longest couple of months in the history of mankind to her, but in the grand scheme of things it really is a short period of time. Good luck to all of you.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back