WAG Gym recommendation in Philly

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
Asking for family. They live in the NE and the would-be gymnast is 7 and a beginner. She does train MMA, so there could be some strength/coordination built-in. Thanks!

There are a few good places to begin. Each is good in different ways. I would suggest looking into Gravity Forge, Somerton, or Ricochet's gymnastics.

Philly is pretty big. It might be easier if you post the gyms that are near them and anyone that might know can weigh in. Otherwise they could end up with a gym an hour away.

Philly is pretty big. It might be easier if you post the gyms that are near them and anyone that might know can weigh in. Otherwise they could end up with a gym an hour away.

It is! That's why I said NE Philly- figured that would narrow it enough for anyone local. My sister in law set up a trial class at somerton for now.

It is! That's why I said NE Philly- figured that would narrow it enough for anyone local. My sister in law set up a trial class at somerton for now.
Oh sorry! When you said they live in the NE, I thought you meant just general country "northeast" (which would include PA, NJ, NY, etc. I didn't take it to mean NE Philly.

Sorry, totally not local or know anything about phili or anything, but I can't help myself when it comes to questions like this, my apologies :) LOL!

So looking on mymeetscores, it looks like United has a strong program, they are in Bristol. Looks like they have USAIGC as well. Somerton looks like a small program from a team perspective.

Considering the family is in NE Philly, you could probably look at gyms in the southwestern portions of New Jersey as well.

Considering the family is in NE Philly, you could probably look at gyms in the southwestern portions of New Jersey as well.

If they are willing to travel to NJ, Will-Moor may be a good option. Or a little farther north is Arena/Gymland in Hamilton. Both gyms pull kids from PA as well as NJ

Thanks everyone! Since it's for a beginner rec class, they aren't on the crazy train enough to want to travel. I figure if it gets to that point, fine, but I sure wish I didn't have to travel. Somerton is actually ten minutes from home, and that makes it a winner for a trial. I was just worried because people were recommending rec only gyms to her, and that seemed like a poor place to have any room for growth. Anyway, thanks again!

Last edited:
Reactions: sce
PM me if you need more info at some point. We moved to the Philly area 2 years ago, and @dunno guided me well to our current gym.....I was headed down the wrong path at first but he corrected me! (DD was finishing up compulsories and now is an optional....so we were looking for a strong team that would be a good fit for our needs)

I've heard that Somerton is good but if you are looking for elite they may need to travel. Something to think about.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back