Gymnastics during summer. ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

goldgymgirl

hey :) my gym closes for the summer and after all my hard work i dont want to lose anything. so should i join the "y" or something just to stay in shape ???
.PLEASE HELP.

I am in the situation, and it is annoying having to get all my skills back confidently at the start of every season. I would say if you have the option and you want to do summer gym you should go for it! I would give anything to have that option.

If you don't choose to do that though, just try to condition during summer to stay in shape. It seems like at the start of every season I have to take a step back before i can take a step forward and start progressing again which really sucks. It really just depends on how much you like gym and your dedication. If you think you will enjoy training during the summer and it will be beneficial than i would do it. Good luck with your decision!

it depends what level of gym you are at and if you really are in love with the sport but yes it would be a shame to loose all you have gaiuned over the term. If i was you i would definately go else wear for training in the holidays but if i didnt i would probably die because of lack of gymnastics :)

most ridiculous thing i've heard in awhile. find another program.

most ridiculous thing i've heard in awhile. find another program.

Ha Dunno you are so funny sometimes!

It is not always an option. NO summer training in Canada is VERY common. Same way at our club too. Team trains Sept to May with the whole summer off. We also have almost a month off at CHristmas and also spring break and Easter off. Our coaches have families and that is the way they run things. For us the next club that trains year around is 90 minutes drive one way, and we don't really like the atmosphere there, so we stick with what we like. Plus that drive is just too much four times a a week.

It has been hard to find summer training. We have tried summer camps, lots of fun but not like being in gym, also very pricey. Other clubs, no team spirit and sometimes kind of unwelcoming, also the never ending commute.

This means our girls do not gain new skills quicklyt and they do not move up levels for ages. But really what can you do if you have no choices. It does drive me crazy, but it is all there is.

I am in the situation, and it is annoying having to get all my skills back confidently at the start of every season. I would say if you have the option and you want to do summer gym you should go for it! I would give anything to have that option.

If you don't choose to do that though, just try to condition during summer to stay in shape. It seems like at the start of every season I have to take a step back before i can take a step forward and start progressing again which really sucks. It really just depends on how much you like gym and your dedication. If you think you will enjoy training during the summer and it will be beneficial than i would do it. Good luck with your decision!

thanks for the help , i am goin to train over the summer :)
i cant imagine a whole summer without gymnastics':)

Even worse, try to imagine a compeitive team of 30 girls going back to gym in Septemeber without having touched a piece of gym equipment since May! Now there is a challenge. Oh and they have to be meet ready by December with optional routines.

I guess the best options are too do the following

1. Ask your coaches to write you a home program for the summer. Obviously you can't train all your skills but you can do conditioning, flexibility and some handstand work. Maintaining your condition and flexibility will make a huge difference when restarting for the school year.

2. Look at getting involved in another sport for the summer, something to keep you fit and healthy. With in 2 weeks your cardio vascular fitness will begin to go down if you don't do something and with in 6 weeks your strength will drop. Any sport is better than nothing to maintain your fitness.

3. Stay physically active yourself. Avoid spending most of your summer in front of a TV or computer screen. Look for active fun instead like riding bikes, going for a swim, walk to the park, play a game in the backyard. When going out with friends look for an active option like going skating instead of going out to eat or to a movie.

sorry bog, i can't imagine. the anxiety would be too much knowing what to expect 4 lay off months later. man, i can't imagine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back