Parents Gymnastics journal / Scorebook

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

JessMom

Proud Parent
Reaction score
I love the score book / journal I purchased for my daughter a few years ago. This Jan my niece will have her first competition and I tried to find the same journal for her. No luck. In fact I wasn't overly thrilled by any of the options out there. After talking to some moms at my gym it seems none of them have journals they love . . . since I *cough* have so much free time, I decided to create a new journal that has what I want in it.

So I present the question to my fellow parents . . .

What would you love to have in a journal?

If you have a journal what's your favorite feature.

THANKS

Debbie :D

I made a lot of these a while back. Ours have pages for....

Photos
meet reports
new skills in the gym
gym camp memories and photos
about me page for the gymnast

I had it printed on card stock and spiral bound, they were pretty cute. I think I still have some downstairs.

When my gymmie was a L5, the team mom put together a neat team book for all the parents/girls. She came by the gym and took a couple of team pictures and the one of each girl.

Made individual pages for each meet with the mapquest directions(her dh did that part) with a page for scores. You could easily add another blank page for comments.

She also did it on card stock and had them spiral bound at Kinkos. We all split the cost and it came to about $7.25. It got alot of use and we never had to fork out any money at meets for programs. Also just a nice keepsake---gymmie gets it out every now and again to look through and it holds alot of memories.

Keeping a gymnastics journal is WAY beyond my powers of organization...
However, if anyone is interested in putting together a 3-ring binder for gymnastics, one of my favorite websites, Zazzle.com, is having a special on their custom binders through the end of December. You could get your DD's name, team, etc. on it. I'm buying one for my non-gymmie DD (with a dragon on the cover... she's really into dragons) for Christmas. I'm going to put some of those clear plastic sleaves in it so she can keep the pictures she draws in it. Here's a link...

Link Removed

And here's the discount code... It will get you $9 off (about 1/2 price). Would be a nice coaches gift as well. No, I'm not affiliated with this site in any way, but I used it to buy custom gymnastics- and dance-themed postcards to send both my girls at camp, and also have bought t-shirts and sweat-shirts from the site several times with good results.

Use code: AVERYCUSTOM1

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back