Parents Gymnastics strong

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

For years, my daughter has beat every single boy in her class on push-ups and pull-ups. She recently switched to playing soccer at school. She said to me that it's good being an ex-gymnast because the conditioning in other sports has been "easy" in comparison.

DD, after a year off gym, recently went to a practice at a small local gym (apparently they never really are SURE they are done...long story) and was still doing kip cast handstands, presses, pirouettes, etc...she's not going back to gym (couldn't move for several days after and decided she still wants either all or nothing with gym so sticking with being a spectator), but its amazing both how strong they are when training and how much of it lasts...at least after training 20 hours a week for many years...OR its also possible that the kids who get there are naturally strong. My youngest is strong compared to most pre-pubertal boys - but "weak" for a mid level gymnast while his sibs just naturally excelled in the strength stuff...different kids, different builds - same sport.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back