Has anyone gone to flipfest?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flipmom1

Coach
Proud Parent
My daughter is going to flipfest this summer. I was wondering if anyone here has attended? Or as a coach have any of your gymnasts attended? If so, did they return with new or enhanced skills? What is the flipfest reputation?

My dd went there for the first time this year. I also went with her and thought it was great! She is training level 5 and picked up a lot of her lvl 6 skills. She learned front tuck off the beam, back tuck on floor, bwo on beam, lvl 6 dismount, and something on vault I cannot remember the name:) The kids fill out a sheet of goals for every event they want to accomplish while there and the coaches help them to achieve those goals. I was very impressed with the coaching staff and how much my dd learned. We will go back next year.

My DD has been to Flip Fest three times, twice for summer camp and once for their Fall Adventure Camp. She has loved it every single time. The first year, Nastia Liukin taught her a front walkover on beam. This year she got her cartwheel back tuck beam dismount. She has also enjoyed many "camp" experiences (the ropes course, tubing in the private lake, the giant rope swing, camp dance, bonfires, the list goes on). She comes home completely in love with gymnastics, talking non-stop about camp and always can't wait to go back again the next year. I can't imagine she'll ever want to go anywhere else.

My daughter was at Flip Fest for week 5. She came back with enhanced skills but nothing competition ready.

I was very impressed with the staff at Flip Fest. I felt like they truly cared about my daughter's camp experience both as a gymnast and as a child.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back