Headed of to surgery-Healing fairies needed!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flips123

Gymnast
Today I'm getting my ACL reconstructed.It's been a long wait since I tore it January 16,almost two months!When I get home I have to be in a continuous motion machine 24/7 for the first 3-5 days and then on crutches and a giant immobilizer for up to 3 months.The one perk is im out of school for a week or two,But I'm defiantly not looking forward to the many hours of PT and six months absolutely no gym.So if you could send any spare healing fairies my way that would be greatly appreciated!:)

No matter how much it sucks, do your PT. Those of us that have skimped on PT can without a doubt tell you that whatever the PT involves, it beats dealing with a lousy knee for years.

i'll be thinking about you all day today. post back and let us know you're good to go.:)

I just looked up the continuous motion machine on youtube to see what exactly it does. Wild! Do they give you something to help you sleep? It seems like it would be hard to sleep like that. But then again, I'm sure it's hard to find a comfortable sleeping position after surgery anyway, so maybe it doesn't matter. Wishing you a complication-free surgery and speedy healing! Do let us know how it goes!

lol. it's soothing when you sleep. i've been told that they have difficulty sleeping later when they no longer use it. lol...go figure.:)

Good luck flips, I hope it all goes well for you. Work hard at your PT so you can return to the gym better prepared.

I just looked up the continuous motion machine on youtube to see what exactly it does. Wild! Do they give you something to help you sleep? It seems like it would be hard to sleep like that.

My partner had one of these, but was not required to use it 24/7. It is very beneficial in gaining back the range of motion in the joint. I know my partner often fell asleep while it was on but I think that was due to all the medication.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back