heey :) -- HELP ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hey! I'm moving up into a new group starting in the summer but there are certain skills that i have to get to stay in the group: kip, flyaway and free hips on bars, roundoff back handspring back tuck and back layout, front handspring front tuck on floor, and round off or back handspring on beam. I fi dont get these skills i cant stayy in the group and i really reallyy want to !!! does anyone have any tips for an of these skills how to get them faster maybe ???

Just work hard in practice and trust your coaches! It's really better to have professional coaches who are watching you practice give you advice than random strangers on a message board. Hm. I find it odd that you need a kip AND a clear hip...generally clear hips are quite difficult to do well and kips are learned earlier...same thing with the back tumbling on floor. I would think that unless you're a talented tumbler, it's hard to go from not doing any back saltos (flips) on floor at all, to doing a good layout.

Just work hard in practice and trust your coaches! It's really better to have professional coaches who are watching you practice give you advice than random strangers on a message board. Hm. I find it odd that you need a kip AND a clear hip...generally clear hips are quite difficult to do well and kips are learned earlier...same thing with the back tumbling on floor. I would think that unless you're a talented tumbler, it's hard to go from not doing any back saltos (flips) on floor at all, to doing a good layout.

I think that it's beneficial to get advive from gymnasts (specifically from the website) because they may have experienced the same hardships, setbaks, etc.

If you already have a kip and a back hip circle, then it's yime to learn a free hip (clear hip)! start like a back hip circle, but pop off of the bar with your hips when you're upsidedown.

A layout is just loiuke a back tuck. the only thing is that you have to set very high, oull your arms down very quickly and rotate with your hips.
YOu can practice back drops with a bounce over on a trampoline, and pull your a rms down like a layout so that you land on you feet. this will help with body positioning

HAve your coaches help you! That's what they are there for! :)
Good Luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back