WAG Hello, new to the board. Question about non fully funded Div 1 programs.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
I tried to do a little research in the forums and scholarship info seems all over the place. Is there a list anywhere that identifies whether a Division 1 program is fully funded or not? And if not fully funded I assume the headcount scholarship rule is not valid?

Thanks, appreciate any info .

I tried to do a little research in the forums and scholarship info seems all over the place. Is there a list anywhere that identifies whether a Division 1 program is fully funded or not? And if not fully funded I assume the headcount scholarship rule is not valid?

Thanks, appreciate any info .

From what I have read, D1 schools are all headcount for gymnastic scholarships, meaning a program can't hand out more than 12 scholarships, even if they choose to only do partial scholarships.

Sent from my ADR6400L using ChalkBucket mobile app

Your best bet is to call the colleges you are thinking of applying for and see what their practice is with regard to their scholarships. that way you get it straight from the horses mouth so to speak and you know exactly what to expect from the colleges you are considering.

I'm not sure how many programs fully publish that information. Most of the big name/top D1 schools are fully funded and offer 12 full scholarships, it becomes a bit more questionable when you get to the lower ranked teams and smaller schools. I know in the last 2-3ish years Rutgers gave out its first full scholarship to a gymnast, and has since given out at least 1 more, probably due to the fact that they do lots of fundraising for their program- but that's really the only program that comes to mind off hand, and like gymgal said, I don't think that exempts them from the headcount rule, just means they have less money to split among the 12 scholarship recipients. I'm sure other posters have more info.

From what I have read, D1 schools are all headcount for gymnastic scholarships, meaning a program can't hand out more than 12 scholarships, even if they choose to only do partial scholarships.

Sent from my ADR6400L using ChalkBucket mobile app

yes, and to clarify this is for womens.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back