here we go again....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My tech skills don't stretch to links :oops: but if you look on the English Gymnastics website it's on the front page and then look under news for more details.

It's the first year they've run it and it sounds as though it could be really good. I was hoping to go and watch.

Oh, I've never really thought of it that way?! I thought they were responsible for comps where England is represented as a home nation eg. the Rushmoor rosebowl, the recent Swiss international and so on and also the Commonwealth games.

They have a separate England squad/home nations squad and girls who aren't in the British national squad can be selected for England so they get to do internationals and they have the English championships. I think quite a few challenge cup gymnasts compete at the English. If they don't qualify for the British champs, I think they can still do the English.

I think they are affiliated to BG.

This sounds as though I know something I don't. I just know girls who are or were in the England squad, who are from BG/elite gyms, so assumed it was all coordinated.

I think it looks like a chance for challenge or non-elite route girls to do a national event?

Yes its all under the BG banner - I thought it was the other organisation I heard about a few years ago. Its nice to see something that is for the masses and not the privileged few

Big weekend this weekend. We have quite a lot of girls competing at nationals, an impressive collection of ages and levels, so plenty of people heading down to Guildford. It's worked out really well with half term with regard to extra training but plenty of rest and I think everyone's hopes are high, although there have been a couple of badly timed injuries.

Anyone going to watch?

Oh Flossy Good luck to your DD. Hope she does really well at nationals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back