Parents High schools with a gymnastic program - Exchange student

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Lone

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am really hoping this Forum can help me. I have a 15 year old daughter who dreams of going to high school with a gymnastic program somewhere in the US next year. She is currently what corresponds to a Freshman so it will be as a Sophomore. She is a passionate artistic gymnast here in Denmark where we live and is at level 7-8 (not sure if that is fully comparable with the levels in the US).

I have been trying to find a high school in the US with a gymnastic program - preferably at a competitive level but I find it really difficult to navigate through the different high schools webpages. Through a search with both Google and ChatGPT I have found numerous high schools which supposedly have gymnastic programs, but when I visit their webpages I cannot find any information. It is like searching for a needle in a haystack:-(

Fortunately, I found this Forum where I can see that you have some threads on high school gymnastics. If everyone of you could recommend a good high school with a great gymnastic program, I would really appreciate if you could share the name of the school and state/city. All states/cities are of interest, but she is especially interested in Texas but that is secondary. Also if you have any experience of exchange students in the US and high school gymnastic:-)

Thanks!
Lone

Here are some states that I know that have HS gymnastics, and the results from states this past year (I will try to add some more later to the list):

Georgia:

Illinois:

Minnesota:

Ohio:

Wisconsin:

Texas has some schools with high school gymnastics. The rules are around level 8/9 however many of the girls aren’t competing full difficulty and were lower levels before switching to HS so your daughter would likely be fine.

You can view the rules and past meet results here which should give you somewhat of a list of schools that offer it.

Here are some states that I know that have HS gymnastics, and the results from states this past year (I will try to add some more later to the list):

Georgia:

Illinois:

Minnesota:

Ohio:

Wisconsin:

Georgia:

Illinois:

Minnesota:

Ohio:

Wisconsin:
Thanks! Now I have a good place to start:-)

Texas has some schools with high school gymnastics. The rules are around level 8/9 however many of the girls aren’t competing full difficulty and were lower levels before switching to HS so your daughter would likely be fine.

You can view the rules and past meet results here which should give you somewhat of a list of schools that offer it.

Thanks a lot for info:-)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back