Home meet- who runs the scoremaster?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom14

Proud Parent
I am wondering how all of you work the computer scoring for your home meets (scoremaster)? Who enters the scores and runs the reports? Parents? If so, is it the same parents for the whole meet?

Our parents do this. There are about 5 parents that regularly do it and they switch off sessions, so that they can watch their own child.

Booster parents do this. I made a mistake years ago of mentioning that I am a computer support tech so I was given the initial job as scorekeeper. Since then I have been head scorekeeper for all of our meets. I am there for most, if not all, sessions. I have trained a number of parents on using Scoremaster, so now I am do more overall support and trouble shooting than data entry, but I still fill in for that when needed. Still, it keeps me busy, and I really kind of enjoy it.

At our gym they ask for volunteers and it is usually the parents. Usually it is done by 'session' so the same people aren't doing it the entire day.

Booster parents--actually almost always me. It's my favorite meet job! We do hire someone to run the computerized system itself (well when we use electronic scoreboards), and a booster club parent by each judge enters scores, but I run the reports. When we don't hire someone with electronic scoreboards, then booster club parents enter the scores at the end of each rotation. Why?

I have to act as gym manager for our huge home meet. I have never done this before...gulp!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back