Hopes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Bella's Mom

Another chapter in my constant acquisition of information. Trying to figure out this complicated process.

So, I just found out that you don't have to compete JO L5 -L10 and then move to elite. I'm sure most of you know that and I'm just an idiot. *sigh*

So I did more googling and reading but I don't understand what this HOPES program is. Bella's gym doesn't have a class they call HOPES so I have no idea what it is. I saw that it was for ages 10 to 12 but that's really all I understand.

Could someone explain it to me? Oh....one more thing. Type slow and use little words. :eek:

its a stepping stone into the elite program. It uses the international elite rules with some modifications for the younger athletes starting out. The hopes athletes also compete the elite compulsories. These athletes compete in elite qualifiers as a "pre-elite". I think the link gym girls mom sent you has the qualifying scores. The girls try to qualify to the challenge portion of the classic meet. They really are looking to be noticed there to be invited to the developmental training camps at the ranch. Its not really a class, but a classification or grouping term-if that makes sense!

As best I understand it, it is a USAG program for 10-12 year olds who are going into elite track. Skills are approximately Level 9 skills. Girls test both compulsories and optionals. There are meets held in the Spring/Summer that are elite qualifiers. At those meets, the girls will compete the compulsory and optional routines. Depending on scores (scored like elite scoring), they qualify as either HOPEs or pre-elite (higher score). If they qualify, they compete at the Challenge meet the precedes Classics.

If you do a youtube search for elite qualifier or HOPEs qualifier you will probably find some videos of girls testing.

A gym most likley would not have HOPEs gymnasts unless it does elite.

Thanks people! Our gym doesn't train elites so I guess that explains why I haven't seen a "hopes" class. Well, that and the fact that it isn't an actual class.

Such a confusing sport. I think you could spend a lifetime learning the ins and outs of it.

translation: i "hope" i make it.....:)

And in some cases it's more like the spectators/judges "hope" they don't hurt themselves :pray:. Some gyms seem to throw their kids into the HOPEs program well before they are ready just so they can claim they've trained an "elite."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back