Hours per week

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our Level 2 and 3s train 6 hours a week during the school year.
Level 4, 9 - 10.5 hours
Level 5, 10.5 - 12 hours
Level 6, 12 - 16 hours
Level 7 and up, 16- 20 hours.

In our gym, hours are a bit more complicated. Hours go by training level not competing level. They don't encourage kids younger than 8yo to be training L5 so young children with ability to train beyond L4 are uptrained during L4 hours.

L4 - 7 hr
L5 - 10.5 hr
L6 - 15.5 hr
All Optionals - 16 hr

This schedule actually has been sized down from 2 years ago when optionals were doing close to 20 hours. And, TOPS training kids were slightly more when we had it for a couple of years. Since then we no longer do TOPS and the program (especially the optionals') was restructured to allow for a day off during the week. The girls (read teenages) love it and the overall results are still good.

Our gym doesnt compete till L5 but our prep team (which would be like a L3) trains about 6 hours a week. L5 & 6 Train 12 1/2 hours per week.

My DD is almost 14 and a L8. This summer she has been 20 hours. Once school starts she is required at practice 18 hours per week. But will probably do an extra optional practice which will bring her up to 22 hours..

For level 4-5, 9 hours a week.

Level 6 is 12 hours.

Level 7/8/9 is about 13-14 hours.

Not a lot but we're pretty laid back :p LOL

I think the idea is if they don't train too rigorously they won't suffer from as many overuse injuries and they'll be fit for life. Or something. LOL

My DD is a level 4 and goes 9 hours but here are the lower levels and hours at our gym

Level 2-3 go 6 hours
Level 4 goes 6-9 hours
Level 5 goes 9-12
Not sure past that as we are not there yet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back