WAG How big is your gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I would say we have a pretty big gym, we have two full floors, 3 vaults (two into the pit and one onto mats), a high bar and set of bars over the pit, 6or 8 regular sets of bars, and a strap bar. We have 8 high beams and 1-2 medium beams (like 3ft high) and 4 low beams. There are two tumble tracks, one that goes into the pit, a rod floor and a trampoline. I think that's it.

Ours is the smallest in the province! We have 3 floor strips, 3 beams (only two of which are adjustable), a set of unevens, a strap bar, a vault and a trampoline.

Tramp is shoved into a corner up aginst the floor and all events dismount on to the floor except vault, but the vault runway is the last floor strip. Vault lands off the floor on to a landing mat & into a wall if you get some distance!

This serves about 70 rec athletes, 10 pre-comp. kids and 9 competive athletes.

Ours is medium sized I'd say.
We haven't got a full sized floor, but it does the job. The one edge of the floor extends into a tumble track to pit.
We have 3 high beams and a floor beam, 1 vault to pit, 2 sets of A bars (one over pit). We have a set of p bars squeezed in against a wall and the beams, 2 mushrooms, rings which pull out from the wall. No single high bar so the boys use the shiny bar on the high bar of the A bars. We've just had a set of wall bars.
We have quite a lot of other equipment like coaching blocks, beam planks, benches etc. we also have a dance studio and separate range and conditioning area.
We have over 500 members including 30 in wag squad, 50 in novice squad and 16 mag squad. Rest are rec. We are open 7 days a week, and could really do with having more hours in the day and more days in the week!

Interestingly, it sounds like we have 2-3 times the equipment as most others posting, but the gym still feels crowded sometimes. Bigger gym=bigger team. Or maybe it's bigger team=bigger gym? Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

My gym is fairly large with a very small team. Along with the preschool area we have:
2 floors (one for rec, one for team with a pit at the end)
A tumble track
A double mini
An inground tramp
A rod floor
2 full sets of bars
A strap bar
A pit bar
2 high bars
3 sets of p-bars
2 sets of rings
4 high beams (one ends in the pit)
2 medium beams
3 lowish beams
2 vault tables (one goes into the pit)

Our gym is fairly large, though it does have a team of 175 girls! We have 3 full sized floors, a tumbling strip, two tumble tracks, two trampolines that go into the pit, a tumble strip that goes into the pit, 1 competition vault table, 1 pit vault, a vault runway with a resi at the end (lower level vault), 4 sets of bars, 1 single rail bar(over the pit), a trench bar, a strap bar, 10 competition beams, one beam for dismounting into the pit, 1 medium beam, and two low beams. However which equipment you use depends on your level.

Wow our gym must be pretty big.

2 comp size floors
1 rec floor
16 full beams
Assorted low and floor beams
4 or 5? Full sets of bars
Pit bar
Strap bar
Ton of single bars in the rec area
3 regular vaults
1 training? Vault
1 level 3 vault
2 tumble tracs
Rod floor
Not sure what else and a separate boys area with all their equipment.

At my old gym, we had
1 heigh beam
1 low beam (the beams were end to end and close enough that we could step between them)
1 set of Un-evan bars
1 boys bar
1 tramp
1 mushroom
1 pommel
1 set if rings (over the floor)
4 floor strips (8m across)
No vault run or vault table
No buck

OzZee, ours sounds like yours. Small, but somehow it works. One tumble track, and floor. One vault and runway.
2 bars, 1 trainer, 1 high bar, 1 ring tower 4 beams, a pommel and PBars area. The preschool stuff is packed in between.
I think that is all inside less than 10,000 sf.
Only vault pit....

We have small teams. Total is 35 girls, and about 20 boys.
Rec is huge...200. +

We have a decent sized gym, but there are still others in the area that are larger.

On Team we have:
Full floor +spring floor stretching areas
2 ropes, several stall bars
4 full bars
3 strap/single bars (one over pit)
probably 10 asst. height beams (2 are low) and one into the pit
In ground tumbl trak and trampoline. Trak goes into the pit.
2 vault tables, plus 2 runways for compulsory vaults or vault trainers, etc. One goes into the pit, another a resi, etc.

For rec:
Spring floor
Rope
Preschool equipment (monkey bars, p-bars, rings, UE bars)
tumbl trak into mini pit
1 full size set of bars
2 single rail bars

Then of course there are lots of different mats, etc.

We have:

A full sized sprung floor
Beam area with 4 beams and a couple of floor beams
Large mirrored area with ballet bars
Wall stall bars area
Sprung tumble track (fast track)
A long trampoline type tumble track
A few sets of parallel bars
Pre school parallel bars
A few mushrooms
A few pommels horses
2 sets of A bars (with interchange me strap bars)
2 sets of preschool bars
A large pit area with 2 sets of bars (with interchangeable strap bars) and a set of Rings over it
2 more sets of Rings
Another small pit area with a metal bar over it (strap bar)
2 sets of boys bars
2 Infloor trampolines
2 vaulting areas, one at the end of the fast track next to the pit
Loads of soft play type blocks and shapes and wedge mats, and a Pac man type block, a couple of arched bridges
A few bar type things with elastic instead do bars

The gym offers the following classes
Baby and Parent type classes
Parent and me classes
Pre school classes
Rec gymnastics classes
Advanced Rec gymnastics classes
Rec trampoline classes
Development/competition trampoline classes
Development gymnastics classes
Elite/performance gymnastics classes
Rec cheerleading classes
Elite/competition cheerleading classes
Parkour classes
Disability rec gymnastics classes
Disability rec trampolining classes
Disability development/competition gymnastics classes
Disability development/competition trampoline classes
Adult gymnastics classes

All above classes are for boys and girls, the boys and girls have separate gymnastics classes but can share trampolining, parkour, disability and cheerleading classes.

We have:

A full sized sprung floor
Beam area with 4 beams and a couple of floor beams
Large mirrored area with ballet bars
Wall stall bars area
Sprung tumble track (fast track)
A long trampoline type tumble track
A few sets of parallel bars
Pre school parallel bars
A few mushrooms
A few pommels horses
2 sets of A bars (with interchange me strap bars)
2 sets of preschool bars
A large pit area with 2 sets of bars (with interchangeable strap bars) and a set of Rings over it
2 more sets of Rings
Another small pit area with a metal bar over it (strap bar)
2 sets of boys bars
2 Infloor trampolines
2 vaulting areas, one at the end of the fast track next to the pit
Loads of soft play type blocks and shapes and wedge mats, and a Pac man type block, a couple of arched bridges
A few bar type things with elastic instead do bars

The gym offers the following classes
Baby and Parent type classes
Parent and me classes
Pre school classes
Rec gymnastics classes
Advanced Rec gymnastics classes
Rec trampoline classes
Development/competition trampoline classes
Development gymnastics classes
Elite/performance gymnastics classes
Rec cheerleading classes
Elite/competition cheerleading classes
Parkour classes
Disability rec gymnastics classes
Disability rec trampolining classes
Disability development/competition gymnastics classes
Disability development/competition trampoline classes
Adult gymnastics classes

All above classes are for boys and girls, the boys and girls have separate gymnastics classes but can share trampolining, parkour, disability and cheerleading classes.

Forgot to add we have a large cafe area and a viewing area with large windows (no longer have blinds so you can see a lot) and an upstairs viewing area with bleachers that is used for competitions and once a term for general viewing for 1 week.
Also forgot to add we have 2 ropes and a lot of the floor areas are sprung which are used for warm ups and conditioning.

We have 1 full size floor, 5 full size beams, 1 low beam, two bars sets, 2 single rails one of which is usually swapped for a strap bar, 2 vaults, a tumbling strip, 1 tumbl trak, 1 trampoline, a floor space area next to the beams where we can warm up skills but its usually used for rec kids, 3 rec kids bars, and a preschool kids area. We share a lot of equipment beyween events. We also don't have a pit, but we're planning on digging one this summer and adding a trench bar. In fact, lots of stuff is going to be re-arranged. The HC, who's also my coach, is planning on buying the business next to us, which is only separated by a wall, and expanding the gym. We've only competed 2 seasons so far, so I think we're doing pretty good. :) Rec kids are run all day and and during our team practices. I don't think my gym is that small, but then again we only have an optional team of 15 girls total, and no compulsory team.

We moved to a new location last summer that is now one of the largest in middle TN. I know we have over 10,000 sf, but don't know the exact number.

3 vault runways
2 spring floors
1 rod floor
1 tumble track trampoline
1 tumble track floor
1 trampoline
16 beams
2 uneven bars
4 single rails
2 rings
2 mushrooms
2 parallel bars
2 pommels
plus the preschool equipment and whatever else I'm forgetting.

@Tiny Dancer | Wow! Your gym is huge. Where are you located if you don't mind me asking?

We are in the UK, we have a great gym that has been used by various teams to train on the run up to the Olympics a few years ago, we have been lucky enough to be able to watch a training session at our gym with the men's teams from : Uk, France, Canada and one other that I cannot remember a few years ago.

I never knew that any other gyms were much different until my oldest dd started competing and we got to travel to other gyms, so far I have visited gyms in Dorset, London and Leicester and the only gym I found so far that was as good as our gym was Europa Gymnastics, I kind of expected all gyms to be sort of the same, I now know how lucky we are to have such a well equipped gym with fantastic facilities close by (5-10 mins by road and 30 min by foot).

Little photo montage of our gym. Only thing missing is the vault run. The bottom right pic shows the latest addition to our gym - our new sprung floor.
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1400692423.635522.jpg

There is also a little conditioning/pommel area, toilets, Changing room, waiting area and office.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back