How do you deal with underwear?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
So I often wonder what I'm going to wear under my leotard for competitions in the fall... I never wear leos without shorts so even though my current undies don't fit the leo, it hardly matters. But, of course, no shorts in competition... How do you guys keep the underwear in place? Do you wear any? Because not wearing any at all would make me feel very uncomfortable!!

I've heard of actually sewing a pair of underwear into the leo. This sounds like a good idea but kind of difficult.

You can buy special underwear (as already mentioned). But I just wear high cut briefs then that way it is cheaper and they have never stuck out.:)

At my daughter's gym, they have the girls order the special GK briefs when they order their leos. Pickle says they are really good for competing because they dodn't ride up. They also don't show any panty line underneath because they are so sleek and fitted.

Make sure you get used to working out without your shorts before the meets. There are deductions for adjusting your leo during a routine.

Sticky Buns

You can get the high cut competion briefs then put either hairspray or that sticky bun liquid (think it is from 10-0) on your fanny to keep it in place. My daughter had a leo with briefs sewn in but they showed anyway.

I wore GK briefs and they worked great. I tried regular, store-bought undies with a high cut and just couldn't seem to get those to work out as well, but I have heard some brands work really well. Just try a few kinds during the summer months and decide what works best.

almost all of the girls wear nothing (like a bathing suit) Those few that do wear them us the GK underware.

Leotards are designed to be worn without underwear. They are meant to be like swimmers.

I wear the GK briefs. They have them in black and in beige, but I think you can special order them in a different color so that it matches your leo! But I think your coach might have to order them if you get a colored pair...but i'm not sure! But really, any high-cut underwear will work fine! Just try to have them be skin tone or match the leotard.

Nuffin!

I usually just go bare under there! It does sound uncomfortable but most leotards have an extra layer of material in the crotch area. All of my leotards are quite firm around my legs so when I'm doing bar in the front support position, they don't slide up :rolleyes:

I just don't wear underwear, it's more comfortable that way and pretty much everyone at my gym does it.

Our girls don't wear underwear either. Our leos are in our country's colours - a rich royal blue, black and gold, so they aren't in any way see-through.

Our girls also treat their leos like a swim suit. We order from GK and have them put a "cotton gusset" crotch liner.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back