WAG How do you mention the block without mentioning the block?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AgingHippie

Proud Parent
So I found a great article on Head games that I want my gymmie to read to help her through a block, but I'm afraid to give it to her because from reading on here I know I am not supposed to bring up the block . Any suggestions?

FWIW she is 11 and I think she is making progress but I am really not sure.

Thanks for this!

My dd is going through a block on bars and I have tried to just stay out of it besides showing confidence that she will get the skill back because she's done it before.

You could just say that you saw an article that helps gymnasts with their mental game and think she might like to read it.

Leave it out where she can see it. But I really like MeetDirectors idea best.

Reactions: sce
After scanning the article. These things are probably already being implemented with your girl, she just doesn't get it yet.

This is a heat of the moment thing (its just a longer moment then you would like). It would be kind of like trying to get someone in a rage, to take advice on how to avoid the rage or lessen it while they are smack dab in the middle of it. It doesn't work.

I would save the article, for when she is past this block. When the rage is over. That would be the time to say, hey what can help next time. Because there will likely be a next time.

And for those of us who child is not currently raging (blocked). This would be a good time for us to perhaps to be proactive. So thank you for sharing.

After scanning the article. These things are probably already being implemented with your girl, she just doesn't get it yet.

This is a heat of the moment thing (its just a longer moment then you would like). It would be kind of like trying to get someone in a rage, to take advice on how to avoid the rage or lessen it while they are smack dab in the middle of it. It doesn't work.

I would save the article, for when she is past this block. When the rage is over. That would be the time to say, hey what can help next time. Because there will likely be a next time.

And for those of us who child is not currently raging (blocked). This would be a good time for us to perhaps to be proactive. So thank you for sharing.

I read the article because my girl is blocked on a skill and after reading it realized all these things are in play by her coach. It made me remember to "trust the process." :)

I was thinking about that in the back of my mind so thank you for confirming it. I just want the negative thinking to stop and thought it might help to read the impact of it. She bears no importance on positive thinking or visualization. I really don't care about the skill.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back