How many comps a year ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We were given the schedule for my olesd dd the other day, she is doing disability gymnastics :

February - London Floor & Vault
April - NDP Grades Leister
June - Home Competition
October - Poole Open
November - British Championships NDP Newcastle

The last one is a maybe depending how things are progressing.

I was discussing next season with the owners husband today and he was saying the calendar is packed this year - still waiting to find out.

We haven't been given the timetable yet, although I haven't given it much thought myself. Quite glad just to have break from them!

I understand that the national finals for compulsories are going to be a bit later than previously, so some regions are having the regional compulsories a bit later, so there isn't such a big wait between.

Other than that, I know there will be competitions - probably one in March and probably one in September and probably some others...

I am assuming from general gym chatter there will be regional grades, a county squad meet, springboard, Wilts Open, alpha factor, plus at least 4 meets in county, time to sell more leos !

We have 1 fun meet in December usually (without real judges), mainly so that the coaches can get a good look at all the ahtletes and their progress. Then in April we have our own home invitational. In between that the number we go to depends on what we can afford. The team will go to about 4 meets overseas, and whoever can go will go. The last away meet DD was able to do was Puerto Rico in February, and she may not travel again until maybe July (tentative Caribbean Championships). This is a lean year for us - no money and tough school demands. Last season DD was able to do 4 meets - Crown of the Carolinas in November, fun meet in December, Puerto Rico in February and our meet in April. This season it will be either 2 or 3.

Bajanswife I think I want to swap life with you. How do you fancy meets in rainy Birmingham, Ipswich and maybe Durham? No flying required and much cheaper. I'll take Puerto Rico and Carolina and pretty much anywhere else you might be going. Sooo jealous!

I think I did around 9 this year. But only 4 of them big completions. 3 of them state events.

I am assuming from general gym chatter there will be regional grades, a county squad meet, springboard, Wilts Open, alpha factor, plus at least 4 meets in county, time to sell more leos !

The Wiltshire open is at Rushmoor next year! Bizarre hey. Bit further for you to travel. And the Alpha Factor is later than usual - in October not September. Lots of competitions are different this year. British teams is in Sep I think and nationals for compulsory and nationals grades are later than usual in May. A lot of regions are pushing their regional grades back too.

I just can't wait to see national compulsory grades next year with the new grades.

Wow, it sounds like WAG people spend waay more time prepping for comps than we do - for trampoline (in the UK at least) there are 3 or 4 regional comps and a final. We also do 2 in house comps per year (I think they are more for the kids who are too young or inexperienced to compete, but I could be wrong, my first one is in 2 weeks) I also compete for my university, so I will be doing 4 or 5 Uni comps along with the BG ones, but they aren't really very serious and don't take much preparation (except for the party afterwards ;) that takes a LOT of prep!)

Our club depends on the level you are at. The team I'm on did between 8 and 13 this year depending on whether or not they compete regional/national grades. As only 3 members of my team do regional and national grades. I personally did 12 as I had to miss one due to injury

We have 1 fun meet in December usually (without real judges), mainly so that the coaches can get a good look at all the ahtletes and their progress. Then in April we have our own home invitational. In between that the number we go to depends on what we can afford. The team will go to about 4 meets overseas, and whoever can go will go. The last away meet DD was able to do was Puerto Rico in February, and she may not travel again until maybe July (tentative Caribbean Championships). This is a lean year for us - no money and tough school demands. Last season DD was able to do 4 meets - Crown of the Carolinas in November, fun meet in December, Puerto Rico in February and our meet in April. This season it will be either 2 or 3.
What is your opinion on the Puerto Rico competition? Are you referring to the Caribbean Winter Invitational?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back