WAG How many meets per year?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

OzZee

Proud Parent
Just wondering how many meets your kids go to?
From the sounds of it it's a lot more in the US than here.

My 8 year old level 5 will have four meets this season. Her head coach doesn't believe in more then about four a season for compolsorary.

My dd is doing 5 then state's/regionals/nationals. My ds is doing 7 then state's/regs/nats (if they qualify) too many if you ask me, but I'm the jaded mom with a boy and girl that compete in the same season :/ I'm happy in Jan when season starts and ready for valium come March, lol.

I'm in Canada. Our kids do four qualifying meets between Dec and May, they take their top two AA scores from those meets and top 40 in each age and level go to provincial championships.
Our club does one extra fun meet at the end of qualifying season where some girls compete up in their next level to try it out.
So 6 in total if they qualify. We only have one season and there's little travel involved.

In artistic we've had between 2 (a season when most of our scheduled meets were canceled) and 6 plus states (and regionals for xcel). In t&t we've had between 4 and 6, plus states and regionals.

8 is the goal. that means you made it to nationals. :) compulsory do around the same, but one of the meets is off season.

We do 3 (one invitation, 2 selections), If the girls qualify they do 1 or 2 more. That's for provincial levels.

depends on the coach, last year we did 2, year before, none, this year, possibly 2 in county, Grades, then up to 3 invitational's ?

Compulsories is 8 including in house meet at start of season, States, and travel fun meet out of state after State meet.

Optionals is 8 including in house meet, States and Regionals.

We have a lot. I think the season in NY is much longer than most. Last year we had eight and this year it's ten. (But I think it will "only" be nine because the one we are scheduled for in 2 weeks has their rotation sheets out and we're not on it.

We have quite a few this year we usually have around 8 this year we are planing on going to around 13

About 8-10, including States. Our gym does not require that all girls to go all meets (but we do ;)).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back