Parents How much is your comp leo?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

high5

Proud Parent
We just got an estimate for the new one, and it's a record-high $375. Is this normal nowadays?

Our compulsory ones are usually under $100 but our ones are usually $375-450. We keep them for two seasons if you’re lucky enough to need one at the beginning of the two year cycle.

Really ridiculous, there really is no need for them to be so expensive. There are lots of fabulous options, which are so much more affordable.

Last one 350 about 4 yrs ago, just for the Leo. Not warm up or gym bag. New gym so we’ll see the price differential. I expect to pay about the same, the bling is a bit less then the one we are coming from.

New ones are $98, but there is a lively trade in second-hand ones, so we paid $30. What I really do not understand is the need to change design every 1-2 years, it just seems so wasteful.

Ours were always more than $300. Kinda excessive but the girls loved all the bling.

We offer 3 options for our team...

Tank... $40
3/4 Sleeve Spangles... $175
3/4 Sleeve Crystals... $250

Any level athlete can compete in any leotard. All of our optionals get the expensive one... but it is not required.

$480

Our total “uniform” costs were almost $1,000 last season. Comp leo, tank team leo and warmups. It’s ridiculous.

I thought the price of our competition leotard $375 was absolutely crazy. But apparently, that's pretty much the norm in the gymnastics world reading your replies. It's a reality I never even considered before becoming a gym parent. How the heck do these people manage to shell out this kind of money every year for multiple gymnasts in the family, send them to private schools, drive BMWs, and take annual trips overseas? It's mind-blowing!

Our is covered in our assessment fees, but I can tell you it's way more than most of these. Ours seriously look like the crystal fairy threw up on them. Even bronze has these expensive leos, it's ridiculous. Personally, I'd choose a tank leo for compulsory and at least XB and XS and then a fancier (but reasonable leo) for optional plus at least XP+. XG could go either way in my book.

$400 for the leo for L4+ and Xcel gold and up, but the gym keeps it for 3 years. Don't know the cost of the lower level leo. It was $85 for the jacket and $35 for the capris but they were used for 4 years so that was worth it.

@JBS - I love that you offer options! And that your leos are overall affordable.

Once I had 2 optionals on team I realized how crazy gymnastics was.

Our warm ups are black leggings / yoga pants (any solid black… they get their own) and a t-shirt. T-shirt is just a logo shirt… we have sweatshirts too if they want one.

We have logo slides that we sell and logo backpacks too. Slides are not required… they can wear black of their own. Backpack is required if they want a bag on the floor… it’s a one time cost.

All in AUD

Tank leos (foundation to level four) $90
Long sleeve leo (level 5+) $300
Tracksuit: $150

The long sleeved leo stayed the same design but jumped in price a lot this year. There are cheaper options out there but these are made in Australia so the price reflects the high labour costs here and the design, which is cut and sew, and a mix of mesh and different coloured mystiques. When we eventually change it, we’ll probably get a sublimated one, which will bring down the cost a bit.

And requiring gymnasts to buy a new Leo every few years is also ridiculous.

In Australia gyms keep the same leopards for many, many years. Each gym has to register their leotard colours with gymnastics Australia and then gyms are identified by their colour and leotard. Like a uniform, everyone knows who is who.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back