Parents How much of a Monoply does USAG actually have

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
This is kind of a weird question; however, for a sociology project, my teacher asked us to do research on an Elitist company and I decided to do one on USAG JO and more specifically how the organization is technically a monopoly over college scholarships and the olympics technically speaking.

I’ve been out of the gymnastic JO world for a year now, but competitive gymnastics was my childhood for a good portion of my life (Started at 7 and switched to excel at 14 and fully quit a few months ago)

I’m wondering from people who are actively involved (I’m doing a documentary based video) if you notice that a monopoly may be happening from your views

There is USAG (DP, Xcel, T&T and the rest), USAIGC, AAU, and NGA. There are also other smaller regional ones out there.
You can't really say much about them controlling who goes to the Olympics because there is only one NGB (National Governing Body) for each country.
USAIGC is a program whose focus is college-bound. Lower hours so you have more time for acadmics and the levels are designed with NCAA readiness in mind. Although I can't think of any off the top of my head, there are IGC girls who go on to compete in NCAA.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back