WAG How To Deal With Series Fear

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My coach has been trying many new techniques to get my teammates and I to go for our beam series, since most of us have beam series fears. She has started to do conditioning as punishment if we don't go. However, she said if we can come up with ideas that we think would help us, we can try those instead of getting punished with conditioning.

So basically what I'm asking is, what are some ways to get over/help a beam series fear?

Back it up. Go back to low beam, move panel mats in front of the low beam, not side by side. Do the first skill on the beam and connect onto the mats. Do the first skill on the mats and connect to the beam. Then try it on low beam once you get comfortable with both steps. Work your way up the beams, but think high repetitions each beam height level to gain body awareness and memory.

Okay... nevermind. Once I heard more, I'm not so thrilled.

The whole training group was on the beams at once, and they all had to do their skill(s) simultaneously . If it wasn't done sucessfully, they all had to attempt again. Coach was trying to capitalize on peer pressure. This went on for 5-7 minutes. Coach has only tried this strategy once (thank heavens). I guess it wasn't effective.

Sorry the idea wasn't as good as I originally thought.

DD has informed me that they also do something like this, they call it team something or other. They get one shot as a team to all do a successful beam routine, should they all be successful they get a reward.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back