How to improve forms in Uneven Bars?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kay_Hll

Proud Parent
Hi,

My DD is a first year L8 gymnast and she is doing well with her Floor, Beam and Vault. However, she is not happy with her Bars. One of her weakness in uneven bars is her form. She knows this but she doesn't know what to do to improve it. Any suggestions on what kind of work out or specific exercise that she can do to improve her form? Thanks in advance.

bar conditioning. should be a part of her work out. see the coach. nothing that she can do at home.

Exactly what dunno said. My dd beats a dead horse on bars. She does kip cast HS over and over and over, also does clear hip HS, multiple times in a row. She does giants to no end, working her tap swing. Constantly is focused on shape, being hollow. She is a 2nd yr L9, but it's all about the basics.

Basically everyday she comes to bars, she does 5 kip cast HSs, 5 circling elements in a row, 10 giants on pit bar into layout flyaway or DB timer. If they are on the bars for a 45 minute rotation, at least the 1st 15-20 minutes is the basics and it could be longer if the coach doesn't like what he sees. This happens even during meet season. After this, she then goes onto routines and upgrades.

***I just wanted to add that if the coach is not correcting form, then it doesn't matter how many giants, clear hips or whatever she is doing, it's never going to get better. Coach really needs to be involved in the whole process!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the responses. I just want to make sure that she doesn't get frustrated in trying to improve. I was just thinking to sign her up for a private session and today in her gym she had a chance to work one on one with her coach. Hopefully this helps in the upcoming meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back