How to remove sleeves from a long sleeve leo

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

drivingmom

I have seen others that have removed their sleeves from a long sleeve comp. leo. I have looked my DD's leo over and just can't figure :confused: out to remove them. Does anyone have any idea how to do this. I would so appreicate any help. :D

I have done this to 2 of my previous comp leos. If the seams for the sleeves are right where a tank leo's straps would go (like the sleeve seam on a t-shirt) all you need to do is rip out those seams and the sleeves should come right off. You would then need to hem the raw edges under. If the sleeve fabric goes up into the neck line it's a little harder; you'll need to have your dd try it on and mark where the sleeves should end and then cut the the sleeves off about 1/4 in from there and then hem the edges. This one probably won't turn out as well. :eek: Also, make sure you run a couple stitches over the side seam under the armpit so that seam doesn't get loose and tear. Hope this helps!

We take ours to a seamstress, she charges $7 to do it. The hard part about doing yourself is the stretch stitching.

Hi, I have also taken one of my daughters old competition leos to a seamstress to have the sleeves removed (I think it was about $10). She still wears it for practice two years later. Although the shoulder straps are just a bit wider than a regular tank leo, you cannot tell the difference. Good luck!

If you don't sew on a regular basis then take it to a tailor or seamstress. It will usually cost $5 - $8. I sew and it really isn't that hard to do and only takes about 30 min total time but if you don't know how to work with a fabric that needs to stretch then it can be reallly hard.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back