Gymnasts HS Gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

gymnast17

Gymnast
Reaction score
How big of a commitment is HS gymnastics? I know this varies from state to state and county to county. A teammate of mine who was a level 8 said she had to train 8 hours a week for school. Do us gymnasts have to meet the practice hours requirement for both club and school? I don’t think I can be doing 15.5 hours a week.
I plan on trying out this year and I’m not sure what to expect.

My experience both in the area I grew up in (southeastern Wisconsin) and the area I've lived in as an adult (Seattle/suburbs) is that it's pretty much every day (5 days) 2-3 hours a day. The season is relatively short, but it's, in my experience, pretty typical of most high school sports.

At our gym, we were Xcel only and allowed for some modifications to the schedule for the girls who wanted to do high school gym.

It definitely depends. Maybe you can say what state you are in, so you can get a better idea? My daughter is on her high school team in NC and the practices are only 2x a week, maybe 2 hours? I'm not sure exactly because she almost never goes since she is a level 10 club gymnast. They compete platinum level skills so she usually just does a couple of routines during her club practice and that is all. But I know other states are very different.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back