Coaches Human Punching Bag

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wgagym

Coach
Proud Parent
That suppose to be HUMAN PUNCHING BAG! I can't edit the title;)

This is silly but as a coach do you ever feel like a human punching bag? I had a particularly awesome day today where I got smacked in the face by a kiddo who was doing front handspring for the first time over the barrel. He did an awesome FHS but he pulled his arms around the side instead of up and WHACK. That one ended in a fat lip. Then in the same class I had a kiddo do a Bridge Down Kickover. I went in to help her kickover and she decided to go for it at the same time and she kneed me in the jaw. It is still really sore;) Oh the joys!!

On the plus side both of them ended up doing wonderful today as we were starting some new skills and drills!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bog do you know how I can?? I went in to try to edit it and I could only edit the message not the title.

My favorite is when they manage to knock my glasses hard enough to bend them. We have one kid who will do things all crazy & then start crying about how he hit something hard...and then realize it was a coach's head/knee/whatever.

Then he'll cry about hurting a coach.

Oh, yeah. I've had my nose broken spotting a particularly bad BHS, got a concussion spotting a FHS vault with a really wide arm circle, kneed in the collarbone spotting a flyaway, recently punched in the chest by a girl doing a FHS on floor... It comes with the territory. That's part of why I left coaching. Although, I think I'm starting to miss it and it's only been a week.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back