Parents HUrricane SAndy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymBeeMom

Proud Parent
To all our CB families: If you are in the path, we wish you a safe and sound experience while you weather the storm. If you get a day off of school and gym from it, enjoy the break!!!!

We are in the path, school called off already, waiting to hear from gym and also doctor appt! Last minute panic shopping: check! Beer: check. Just waiting for the rain now.....

I wish everyone safety and good luck! I'm in the path, no school or gym tomorrow, what am I supposed to do!!?? Atleast I can finish my english essay........;)

I really hope everyone is well. I have my suspicions, and I'm tempted to make a comment about last year, and scientists and philosophy and over-panic, but I will refrain.:)

You all are in my thoughts and prayers. I have family in Jersey. They are in north west Jersey (so at least not coastal). Talked to my step daughter tonight and she said the wind had picked up, but really no rain yet. They got their "hurricane" shopping done today too

Thanks our CB family. Dd is off from school today and tomorrow and gym is closed too. She happy to get some rest :) but I know it wont take long for cabin fever to set in with her lol. Now we wait and pray as I hear the winds and rain pick up!

My thoughts and thoughts and prayers are with you all as well. Massi gymnast don't underestimate the possible power of this storm. Lets hope it's not as bad as it has the potential to be.

Following this on the news here and thinking of everyone who is affected. Much better to plan for the worst and be pleasantly relieved than the other way around.
Keep safe.

Thinking of all of you who live in the path of the storm. I have some very close friends who live in NJ and of course I am concerned about them. Hopefully anyone who needs to evacuate will and protect themselves.

We will get the tail end this week, but I imagine by then it will just be rain.

I'm in Northern NJ, schools have been called off for today and tomorrow. Looks like it might be another year without Halloween (snowstorm last year!). It's been windy since last night and raining for about an hour.

Stay safe everyone!

South Jersey, but not by the shore. Lots of rain, but everything else is fine! Supposedly, worst is yet to come! Praying we keep our power!!

we are in CT and hoping to keep our power too! No school or gym...and gym was already supposed to be closed Wednesday for Halloween...and a meet Saturday!! It's deja vu of last year's snowstorm. We had to travel 2 hours for a meet the first weekend in November on DAY 9 of no power!!

I'm sorry. If anyone has already had the storm come by, I hope you are alright. If anyone is still waiting, I really hope that you stay safe, and keep your power. In coastal NY, it's getting rather windy and rainy, but the worst is apparently coming tonight and tomorrow morning, so I'm not sure yet. I hope it doesn't ruin halloween! (childish, I know) snowstorm last year, now a hurricane!

Just wanted to add my support for the staying dry, powered, warm, and safe message to all of our NE USA gym families. We'll be thinking and sending positive thoughts to all of you.

they actually cancelled all the schools just about in the state from preschool through college and so far the only thing we have had is drizzle. The winds are just starting to pick up now but still only a light drizzle with it. I think we are going to have more wind issues than rain issues.

Just filled the tubs and laundry sink up so we have water to flush with (no well water when power goes out). Filled the two 5 gal containers for drinking water. Have plenty of pasta and canned goods so we won't starve and of course the powdered milk to refill the milk containers without the rest of the family knowing. Candles are all set up through out the house every one has a small flashlight to carry with them so I guess we are all set here.

It's been really windy all day but the power is still on. Fingers crossed that it stays on! The wind ripped off the roof to our porch. Thoughts and prayers going out to everyone in the storm.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back