Off Topic Ideas on how to make money

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

If anyone remembers my previous post about a dog, my parents gave in, but said if it is from a breeder, I must help pay. I am fine with that. The breeder has a litter ready to go home november 4th, so that is my time frame to make hopefully $750+. I am 13, so no job, and can’t help at gym until 15, what are some ideas on how i can make money? Btw my parents do not pay for chores.

You could do dog-walking or do odd jobs (such as lawn mowing) for your neighbors. You could have a garage sale with your old things. If you're creative, you can start a small business selling jewelry, crochet projects or crafts. Baby-sitting is a good idea of you are good with kids.

A formal "job" might not be doable, but there's always work to be done somewhere that somebody will pay for! Lawn mowing, dog walking, weed wacking, arts and crafts, babysitting, etc.

A bit of advice: do some research into local businesses that offer the same services you do, and undercut them by 50 cents/hour; refuse to go any lower than this. For example, if the cheapest local landscaping service charges $20/hour for lawn mowing, offer to do it for $19.50.

If you have no minimum price, you have no negotiating power. Young people tend to underestimate the value of their time; don't fall into this trap. You decide what your time and labor are worth, and you should never be afraid to walk away from somebody who won't meet your minimum needs (this is good practice for adult life as well -- all jobs will underpay you if you let them).

Might be out of season now, but my daughter does a decent business watering outdoor plants when neighbors go on vacation.

How can I advertise babysitting without doing it in a way that creeps hire me? I took a Red Cross babysitting thing already so that is a great option for me but I can’t seem to get any jobs. I also want to advertise elementary math tutoring.

How can I advertise babysitting without doing it in a way that creeps hire me? I took a Red Cross babysitting thing already so that is a great option for me but I can’t seem to get any jobs. I also want to advertise elementary math tutoring.
In our town, I believe there is a facebook group for moms and families. You could see whether there is something like that where you live, and you (or your parents) might be able to post there about your availability to do various jobs like babysitting or tutoring. You could also try being a "mother's helper".
Alternatively, I believe we also have a facebook group for high school students who are available as babysitters - again, see if your school/town has something like that, and you can join.

I also second the idea of a garage or yard sale.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back