WAG is this possible? and if not, which time frame is doable? every opinion appreciated!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey guys!

I am asking this for my best friend. She wants to get stronger to do better at gymnastics.
Additionally to our regular gymnastics training, which is 3 times a week 3 hours each, we condiotion at home 3 training-free days of the week.
Libby (my friend) wants to double or triple her current reps of exercises.

Here is the list:

Full Leg Lifts:
Currently: 7
Goal: 20

90° Leg Lifts:
Currently: 2-3
Goal: 10

V-Hang to Inverted Hang:
Currently: 1
Goal: 5

Pull-Ups:
Currently: 5
Goal: 10

Chin-Ups:
Currently: 7
Goal: 15

Legless Rope Climb:
Currently: 9ft
Goal: 20ft

Dips:
Currently: 8
Goal: 20

Can she achieve it until December? (We have a fitness test in school before Christmas and before Summer each year)
And if not, which time frame would you give her?
Thanks!

That is most definitely achievable by December. Those are very realistic goals if she is prepared to work hard.

Looks good to me. I gotta say the idea of working extra at home, because you want to, is going to be the single most important contribution you can make to your training and outcome. Many people say gymnastics is a hard sport, and that's all the more true if you don't have the strength to hold shapes and move from shape to shape during a skill.

Myself??? I think the sport is pretty easy if you have capable coach, train hard, and work all you can to be as strong and flexible as you can become.

That is most definitely achievable by December. Those are very realistic goals if she is prepared to work hard.

Hello Aussie_Coach! Thank you so much for your nice answer. She was very happy to hear that (and me too!). How often would you say should she work on the exercises? 3-4 times a week? So every other day?

Looks good to me. I gotta say the idea of working extra at home, because you want to, is going to be the single most important contribution you can make to your training and outcome. Many people say gymnastics is a hard sport, and that's all the more true if you don't have the strength to hold shapes and move from shape to shape during a skill.

Myself??? I think the sport is pretty easy if you have capable coach, train hard, and work all you can to be as strong and flexible as you can become.

So true!!!
I am the strongest on my team. When we were introduced kips some years ago and layouts, I was the first one to get it and also had the prettiest form, because I condition so much!

Thank you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back