It's...Nutcracker time!!! LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It's getting to be that time of year again - Nutcracker performances!!

DD started her dress rehearsals this past weekend and they continue this week. Show time is this Saturday and Sunday (3 shows throughout the course of the weekend). DD is very excited and has been working very hard with her ballet classes this year--her teachers say that she is doing very well and loving the pointe classes! The dance classes and show rehearsals are a nice break from being in the gym all the time and working skills.

Let's hope that any snowmaggedon snowstorms divert their paths this year! Thanks for letting me share :cool:.

I love Nutcracker Season! What part is your daughter? At my dance studio Nutcracker was (I graduated three years ago) always performed the weekend of Thanksgiving so by the time December arrived I cringed every time a commercial with Nutcracker music came on. I still miss being in the Nutcracker every year, though! We would always have members of NYCB or ABT come up for the main parts and it was so cool to meet them when I was younger! Something hilarious would always happen every year it seems, too... oh the memories :). I just went to Mark Morris's Nutcracker and it was so funny! Good luck to your daughter!

Good luck to your DD at her performance! As they say in theatre, "Break a leg!" I have never figured that out... It seems rather negative. Older DD, who is going to college to major in theatre, says it's still what is said. I am going with my students to my first Nut Cracker performance this Thursday; I am very excited! I will pray the storms stay away. We had very strange weather ourselves this past weekend! Our power went out, and I was late for work on Monday!

Good luck to your DD at her performance! As they say in theatre, "Break a leg!" I have never figured that out... It seems rather negative.

In the ballet world we were always told it was bad luck to say that, but for good luck you say merde, which means s*** in French. Now try and figure that one out! haha

Oh darn! I am so sorry! I take that back! I am sending a plain old... "Good luck and enjoy yourself!!""

I love Nutcracker Season! What part is your daughter? At my dance studio Nutcracker was (I graduated three years ago) always performed the weekend of Thanksgiving so by the time December arrived I cringed every time a commercial with Nutcracker music came on. I still miss being in the Nutcracker every year, though! We would always have members of NYCB or ABT come up for the main parts and it was so cool to meet them when I was younger! Something hilarious would always happen every year it seems, too... oh the memories :). I just went to Mark Morris's Nutcracker and it was so funny! Good luck to your daughter!

Thanks Liseybeast!!! My dd is a Party Boy, Soldier, Chinese and Mother Ginger kid (she gets to do some tumbling in this scene, so her gymnastics is coming in handy ;)). We went to see the Joffrey Ballet's Nutcracker a few weeks ago in DC and was absolutely amazed!!! We were watching in awe--it was so spectacular!!!! Oh, and I will have to remember that good luck is "merde". Thanks for filling us in!!!

My DD's dance school did Nutcracker last year, most of the younger kids were sweets, my DD was a barley sugar!

This year they are doing a scene from Coppelia, so they are all kinds of dolls. My DD is a mechanical doll and a rag doll. They have rehearsals all week and three performances, one on Friday night and two on Saturday, I'm supposed to be helping backstage with hair and makeup, it's going to be a crazy week!

Ooo good luck Dani!! Next weekend I'm going to see my sister in the Nutcracker (she's Clara). I'm super excited.

Nicki and BriBri--Merdi to your dd and your sis in their shows!!! It's all so exciting isn't it? Lots of hustle and bustle and craziness but so much fun to be backstage and watch from the wings.

Thanks Liseybeast!!! My dd is a Party Boy, Soldier, Chinese and Mother Ginger kid (she gets to do some tumbling in this scene, so her gymnastics is coming in handy ;)).

Those are some fun parts! I'm sure she is having a blast! They never ever seem to find enough boys :rolleyes:. When I was 11 and 12 I was a party girl and polichinelle boy (mother ginger kid). I loved those parts so much! They wanted me to do some tumbling since I was "lead" polichinelle boy, but back then I couldn't do anything other than a roundoff so someone else tumbled! I was relieved!

Yes--they do seem to always need boys!!! Dani was told to pay attention to the Fritz charachter rehearsals this year because she will most likely be Fritz next year!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back