WAG Jade Carey's Amazing Journey to Worlds

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Chellsie Memmel was coached by her dad and then she went to another coach for part of her elite career. When she came back after injury she insisted her dad coach her.

Corrie Lothrup, Olympic alternate, was another elite whose parents sent her to another coach.

If I were a coach and my child were a gymnast, elite or not, it would be worth the investment to me to pay someone else to coach her. Otherwise one or both of us would be out of the sport pretty quickly.
This is the same argument people use for why they won't or don't homeschool. It is totally valid that for some people it would not work, but doesn't mean that it won't work for all parents and children.

Chellsie Memmel was coached by her dad. There are also MANY young up and coming gymnasts who are currently coached by their parents or at least are in the stream at their parents' gym: Amanda Borden's daughter, Maggie Haney's daughter, Kim Zmeskal's daughter, The Landi's daughter... it will be interesting to see as all of these girls progress. Point is, it's not unusual at all.
Kim Zmeskal's son is a very talented gymnast too. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back