WAG JO Code changes 2018-2022

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yup, they know. They figure to take the hit and have no dismount for a score out meet. Thank you for the heads up though!
Just might make sure they know it's a 1.3 hit from SV(0.5 missing dismount SR + 0.5 unallowable element + 0.3 no dismount) Doing a non salto dismount, like a plain toe-on to stand(like used to be allowed at level 6) would just be a 0.5 missing SR hit from SV.

How does it work as in the concept/idea or how does it work as in doing X and Y gives no deduction but Z and W gives -0.15? .

Either...both lol. How will we know if they receive a deduction for not up to level? Do you see their start value change?

Just might make sure they know it's a 1.3 hit from SV(0.5 missing dismount SR + 0.5 unallowable element + 0.3 no dismount) Doing a non salto dismount, like a plain toe-on to stand(like used to be allowed at level 6) would just be a 0.5 missing SR hit from SV.
Yup, I believe that’s the plan actually, to just do her L6 dismount. Unless she gets her front flyaway, then she’ll do that for L7.

Either...both lol. How will we know if they receive a deduction for not up to level? Do you see their start value change?

No. Deductions for not up to competitive level are composition deductions, no different than any other composition deduction and remember, it is only ONE of SEVERAL composition deductions. There are also composition deductions for things like having variety of elements, use of entire beam or floor, changes in rhythm and tempo, choreography... unless you are at a meet (like a judges cup) where they give specific feedback, you will not necessarily know which specific deductions are taken. The start value only changes for missing value parts or special requirements, or at L9 and L10 missing connection bonus, or difficulty (l10 only).

The new “up to the level” deductions look to be very clear.

Wait a min, did I miss something? What are the changes for level 6? I have a friend whose daughter is very excited to try for this level.

Wait a min, did I miss something? What are the changes for level 6? I have a friend whose daughter is very excited to try for this level.
On Floor, the 3 skill pass MUST have 2 flight skills (in the past, they could get away with CW-BWO-BWO).
On Bars, they have to have a salto dismount (in the past, they could do an underswing).
On Beam, they need EITHER an acro series OR flight (in the past, they only needed 1 acro skill) AND the dismount MUST be hands-free.
On Vault, they go over the table to the mat stack.

Can anyone please tell me the changes for level 7? My DD is dying know after repeating 6 this past season.... she really wants to move up. Thanks!

Reactions: sce
Can someone please clarify exactly what the L6 vault is? It sounds like it's FHS over the table onto a mat stack, which I don't understand because that seems easier and safer than the (terrifying) FHS they do in L4 and L5.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back