WAG Jumper's Knee?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dmbgymnast

Gymnast
Have you had jumper's knee? Did you stay out of the gym, if so, how long? I can do bars and beam just fine, but my knee is unstable after 2-3 vaults and 5 tumbling passes.

My ds had it. He wore a band on his knee and was not out at all. When it acts up, he wears the band and ices but hasn't missed any for it.

My ds had it. He wore a band on his knee and was not out at all. When it acts up, he wears the band and ices but hasn't missed any for it.

Same with my dd! She wears her knee band when she feels pain. You can buy them at any sporting goods store!

My daughter was diagnosed with it two years ago a month before Level 9 states. She did physical therapy and stayed off tumbling or anything that caused her pain. The doctor and pt said to just let pain be her guide. She wore a patellar strap. It took about three months for the pain to completely disappear. She also grew 4 inches that year. My daughter never complained of instability of the knee just the pain.

It was surprising to me when we went to the PT how much weaker the injured leg was. I suggest seeing a PT and exercising that injured leg. It helped my daughter a lot. Don't undermine the benefits if physical therapy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back