Parents Just a quick mommy brag

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cher062

When I picked up DD from Gym on friday I was bombarded by my 13yo jumping up and down and very excited

She finaly and consistantly got her kip cast handstand free hip handstand, and it was really good!!! Even her coach was excited telling me all about her great form, tight body etc. (he always comes out to the parents in the waiting area and talks to the parents about how he though practice went in general and if anyone has any break throughs like this. She had been doing it but didn't get all the way up to the handstands. She was extatic!!

Awesome job. I wish our coaches were like hers!

I'm soooooo Glad she is at this new gym I can't believe the difference in jst about everything. It was the best thing we could have ever done. Wish I had done it years ago when I was first thinking of it. The coaches are calm and always very positive even when giving correction. I really like their approach and my DD is thriving there. it's amazing what the girls can do when they have coaches who haven't given up on them and actually believe in them.

That's great. I am not sure you will remember or not, but my dd competed l7 last year too. She had problems with the giant and had to scratch bars for a few meets. It is great to hear about your dd's success on bars. Bars have always been a thorn in my dd's side. She has made a lot of progress over the summer. Giants are much better and she can do her shootover by herself!
Let hope the good bars vibes continue!

Congratulations to your DD!!! So nice to hear she has such a supportive & encouraging coach at the new gym & that she is thriving!!!:D:D:D

Very impressive stuff...what a huge accomplishment and it's so great to have all the hours and hard work pay off!:)

Wow, I didnt understand most of what you said, but it sounds impressive. Im so happy for your DD that she finaly got those pesky skills shes been working so hard towards And it sounds like it just made her day too. Big congrats to your DD

:cool:Very cool! It is good to hear that her had work payed off and how its all coming together at the new gym.:D

Wow, that is awesome! Congrats to your dd!! My dd is currently struggling with this skill set and is nowhere near consistent with it so I know how awesome an achievement this is! What a fantastic coach you have. I would love to have a coach like that!

Wow, I didnt understand most of what you said, but it sounds impressive.

LOL I didn't understand 1/2 of what I said either LOL if DD didn't tell me what the moves were I wouldn't have been able to tell you anyting more that the fippy thing with a handstand and a flippy thing with a handstand again LOL

Bars has always been an event that DD always looked great at and loves so this is just a cherry on top for her. I know there is another flippy thing on the high bar she want to really work on next but don't ask me what it's called LOL I know when she gets it She will let me know. Now I can hardly wait to see the bar routine all together (she has her giant since Feb).

I think our first meet is the 1st or 2nd weekend in December

That is awesome news!! So glad that she is thriving in her new gym. It is always good when a gym change actually works out for the best!! Congrats to her!!

Great for her and so glad the new gym is working out. I really believe the right coaches can make all the difference. My daughter had her best year last year thanks to her new coaches, it seems like it just puts them in a cycle where when a coach believes in them and motivates them they just excel and want to work hard.

LOL DD came home last night still flying on a high. They put the whole bar together and the coaches told her her bars were "Magnificant" and she should score high on them. She tells me she can hardly wait untill we have a meet with the old gym so she can show her old coaches what they missed out on LOL. She is pumped now to just show thoses old coaches that they missed out on good thing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back