Coaches Just had the best session in a long time!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

marie83

Coach
Judge
I've just got home from the best training session in a long time and just wanted to share! We went to another gym's facility to use their pits and it made such a difference!

We started on vault where 6/8 of my gymnasts did their handsprings on their own, 4 of them for the first time ever! (the remaining 2 only had a tiny spot!)

Then we moved to bars - they were all pumped up after vault and up for achieving new things, 2 of them got their sole circles on their own into the pit so I told them tomorrow they are doing it at our gym! They can't wait! We also worked cast to handstand in the pit and some are getting really close now!

Beam - One achieved her tic-toc on the bare beam, having only ever done it on a padded beam before, and 2 achieved their punch front dismounts - one almost did double front!

Floor - My fave piece of the day! 1 achieved her straight back somersault, and 3 achieved their tuck backs on their own for the first time!

We are going back next month so I can't wait to see what we achieve between now and then and see what we can work on next time!

Can't wait for tomorrow!

AWESOME!!!!..i am jealous and can't wait to have something like that at my gym.. Ohh wait i don't coach any groups of my own anymore, so i guess i don't get to celebrate as much.. But really glad for you..that sounds like a sweeeeeet training.

Nice one coach

Wow! Thats great.

We don't have any gyms close by that have pits. Would certainly help with some of the fear issues my boys have had with flyaways & saults.

We have just received a new sprung floor strip but we haven't tried it yet.

Our new crashys, spotting blocks, Pommel and double mini should be arriving within the next month. I am so excited! It will make planning lessons so much easier!

How much fun is that? So pleased for you and your squad, it is great when things click like that. They must be all so excited with their new skills. Have fun brining them into the gym this week.

The only time my girls have been in a pit is at IGC, they thought it was aesome.

Thanks all!

Had another good session today - they all went for their skills even though we don't have a pit! The one who did her straight back somersault yesterday actually did it even better today onto the hard floor! I think she was happier not having to make sure she measured her run up correctly!

Pits certainly do make a huge difference. This one that we went to is a suspended covered pit (gymnova), which is a bit like a huge memory foam mattress! It was amazing - brand new too! Of course, I had a quick play too and found it much nicer than an open pit.

Valentin, thats a shame you don't have your own group at the moment - I went through a phase of being in charge and floating from group to group, but its just not the same! I really fought to have a group and to keep them together as much as possible. It has really made a difference I think.

Coachinkal - I LOVE new equipment!! We are really lucky to have received quite a bit of funding over the years which has enabled us to get lots of new things! We really want a landing block with this memory foam top (I think it might be called a portapit but not sure!) They would be so useful for the more difficult vaults and bar and beam dismounts! Gotta start saving the pennies now!

I have heard of a portapit. I wondered what they were. lol.

Sounds like you are on a roll. Yeah! it is so great when that happens!

We have 2 loose foam pits, 3 in ground resi-pits and around 7 or 8 portable resipits (the red ones move easier than the blue ones) but I would love to be able to get on a gym nova pit...I bet it was really soft. My gym mostly has AAI equipment, but I once went to open gym at a place that had the imported gym nova equipment and everything was so soft and spongey...I loved the floor and vault. I didn't like the beam though, it seemed impossible to do turns on because it was so spongey but I guess it would feel better to do back handsprings on.
Has anyone used on of those spring beams?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back