WAG Kellog's tour/NCAA eligibility

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wandrewsjr

Coach
Proud Parent
Does anyone know if all of the gymnasts on the Kellog's tour have given up their NCAA eligbility? Noticed Sam isn't there, am assuming because he is back at Michigan. Am wondering if being on the tour means they have "gone pro"?

I'm not 100% sure, but I didn't think Kyla had given up her eligibility and she's on the list. Anyone know why Danell is participating? Maybe a conflict with another cereal company? :rolleyes:

We had a former olympic gymnast visit our gym earlier in the summer. She talked about how she had gone on the post-season "tour" (not sure if it was Kellog's back then or not) and then went on to compete in college. She just did the tour as a volunteer. I assume that she was allowed to have her expenses paid, at least.

They had the option to do the tour and forego being paid, so they are still considered amatuers. No way to know which athletes are getting paid and which athletes aren't.

They had the option to do the tour and forego being paid, so they are still considered amatuers. No way to know which athletes are getting paid and which athletes aren't.

You can kind of figure it out to some extent... the ones who have retained their NCAA eligibility aren't getting paid (so far Ross, Finnegan, Price, Maroney, Vega) but the ones who have already gone "pro" and gave up their NCAA eligibilty are getting paid (Raisman, Douglas, Weiber, Bross, Liukin for example)....not sure what Anna Li's situation is but she's out of college so she should be going pro (if she hasn't already)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back