Knees and Hips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Not quite a gymnast question per se but relates to general fitness and such.

Being a full time student I have rather bad posture at tables and chairs, leading to my poor back hurting all the time. No worries with that problem, saw my physio a couple of times and got some exercises. Not saying he isn't great but when I can get free advice all the better.
Anywho this problem relates to me knees and hips. Also due to my bad sitting habits my knees and hips get really sore. I know it's something to do with my muscles not being stretched and strong enough to hold my body up properly as well as just sitting wrong.

Point is, does anyone have any exercises or stretches to help make my knees and hips strong enough to not have me hobbling around the art studio, groaning like an old man.

Also just a note, I didn't start gymnastics young so my overall fitness isn't really ace, hence my lack of strong bum muscles.

no advice but wait til you get old. You will look back in fondness to the days when only your knees and hips hurt. LOL>

[video=youtube;sHTclz90Y8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHTclz90Y8k[/video]

You don't need to be using a barbell like they do in the video. This will stretch out the hamstrings and glutes besides knee extension of the quads and the lower back in the good morning movement.

Get mobile and move. Do some squats or lunges or deep plies.

Also when you are sitting try to sit with your knees below the level of your hips. Sitting with your knees higher than your hips can be stressful for the lower back. I've wound up my car seat to as high as it will go.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back