WAG L8 Bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

After some research I think they mean:
1.103 on bars:
The link above has a gif but i's a kip, but you stoop your legs between your arms above the bar rather than below, and then you straddle, release the bar as you straddle your legs past where your arms were and then regrip the bar.

I don't know if this one counts as a release skill. My intuition says no because it's listed as a mount primarily, but in general I have trouble finding any clear description of what counts as circling skill, release, etc.

gymnast_251928

I can't answer your question. However, I wonder if you'd want to try this one if you have a strong straddle movement:
If you want other ideas for releases, this website has same bar releases:
And bar transitions:

It can be a little out of date though, and always check with your coach before trying anything

Reactions: JBS
Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 7.16.50 PM.jpg

So looking at this, seems like at least in the US it does count as a release move.

Interesting that your code of points also uses different element numbers than the FIG international code of points. The 1.103 I mentioned is the 1.204 in the piece of text you pasted here, it's the same skill but they numbered it differently. I also see they attribute different values to the skills than the international code of points (the straddle cut is A internationally but apparently B in the US). I apologise if I caused any confusion using FIG information instead of US info, I didn't know how much they differed outside of E score.

Yes... the FIG code and the US Developmental Program (DP / JO) code are completely different. We only use the FIG code in the US for elite athletes (and for Hopes but with modifications).

After some research I think they mean:
1.103 on bars:
The link above has a gif but i's a kip, but you stoop your legs between your arms above the bar rather than below, and then you straddle, release the bar as you straddle your legs past where your arms were and then regrip the bar.

I don't know if this one counts as a release skill. My intuition says no because it's listed as a mount primarily, but in general I have trouble finding any clear description of what counts as circling skill, release, etc.

gymnast_251928

I can't answer your question. However, I wonder if you'd want to try this one if you have a strong straddle movement:
If you want other ideas for releases, this website has same bar releases:
And bar transitions:

It can be a little out of date though, and always check with your coach before trying anything
I see what you mean now, thank you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back