Parents L9 Regional meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

momofagymmie

DD had her regional meet L9 this past weekend for R5. It started nicely with a fairly good routine on bars. Not sure what's wrong with it. She's convinced it's her toe to high that maybe she's not swinging up fast enough on the high bar. I don't know. I think she looks beautiful!:) Her handstands look straight up and down except one on the high bar. 9.0. She then went to beam. My knees quake, i get all lightheaded and can barely hold the video camera when this event comes up. She does a beautiful series and switch leap wolf jump lands her back tuck but then wobbles off.:eek: Ugh Ugh ugh. 8.525. Not too happy I figured that was it no chance for Easterns. Her floor had a few bobbles here and there not her prettiest. 9.1. Then vault. I thought it was smashing:D This was another interesting Judges score. 4 judges scored each event for this event she got a 9.35,9.4,9.2 and...... an 8.7!!!:confused: Wow! Thought that was strange. Anyway she ends up with a 9.275. so 35.9 Not her highest scores and there were some much higher scores all along. But Guess what!!!??? It was enough to give her the 6th spot on the R5 team to Easterns!! I'm so excited for her. She's so excited too and the coaches plan is to let her try out a whole set of skills she's been training most of the year but not competing and I think that will make it even more fun for her... maybe a bit nervous making but it's the new skills that get her pumped and excited. Anyone else going to Easterns? Looks like they actually compete in a stadium like the US nationals? Wow! She got measured for a leotard and warm up that she will receive once she's there.

Super congrats. Hope she has a ball. Does that mean she might qualify to Nationals next?

Congrats to her!!! How exciting to get to go the Eastern Nationals. :)

Our Level 9 at our gym also qualified this past weekend.

Congratualtions on a great meet. That beam score with a fall and wobble was pretty good.

Going to Easterns and getting to debut new skills in a new leo is pretty awesome. Where do you get to travel for that?

Congratulations! Sounds like she is going to have fun @ Easterns. Good luck!

Congrats to your daughter. As a member of the host booster club it was a lot of fun to work this meet. Great gymnastics all weekend.

Huge congrats to your dd!! Hope she has a blast getting ready and going to Easterns.

Happyfacetwin--For L9s, going to Easterns or Westerns is their "national meet." I guess you could call it a 1/2 national:)

Thank you everyone for your good wishes. Easterns are in Charleston WVA April 29 to May 3. That's as far as a level 9 can go, THere are no nationals for L9. YOu have to be a level 10 and then can qualify for nationals.

Oh so very very VERY exciting...new leo and all!:D
We have a L9 from our gym going to Easterns for the first time also...we're all very excited to see how she does!!

Just a few more weeks and it will be here...enjoy the excitement and preparations!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back