Parents Last meet as a senior

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Nwmm

Proud Parent
My daughters’s last meet as a high school senior is approaching. What can we do to make it more special for her? Our entire family * always* goes to support her. She does not want extended family or friends because she gets nervous. What can we do to show extra love and support?

My daughters’s last meet as a high school senior is approaching. What can we do to make it more special for her? Our entire family * always* goes to support her. She does not want extended family or friends because she gets nervous. What can we do to show extra love and support?
bring her a bouquet of flowers! and does the meet do senior recognition for her level?

Personally I'd make a cool certificate (word has tons of templates so its easy to make something that looks great) or something, or flowers, it depends on what your daugher likes.
From what you've said it sounds like whatever you do should be revealed after the competition, so you don't make her nervous by making a big deal beforehand. You can ask her beforehand if she wants to do anything special after the meet, but other than that I'd keep anything like flowers as a surprise until she's done.

Is she going to continue to compete through her club after this year? I'm in the same boat, but my DD is probably going to continue training at her own club while attending University next year (Canadian University's don't have teams) so I don't want her to feel as if I expect this to be a big finale. She was late getting into gymnastics and has definitely not topped out on her skills.

So I'm struggling on what if anything to do for her last high school meet myself. Because we will be travelling that day, I think we will likely just do a nice flower bouquet, not sure.

Yes. Thank you. Was considering flowers. It’s a state meet. Regionals might not work out due to an injury. I’ve heard seniors celebrated, in the past, at state meets but I think it might depend on the host. She is at a level where there are other seniors and seniors from her team …
Is she going to continue to compete through her club after this year? I'm in the same boat, but my DD is probably going to continue training at her own club while attending University next year (Canadian University's don't have teams) so I don't want her to feel as if I expect this to be a big finale. She was late getting into gymnastics and has definitely not topped out on her skills.

So I'm struggling on what if anything to do for her last high school meet myself. Because we will be travelling that day, I think we will likely just do a nice flower bouquet, not sure.
tjsts good!

That’s good! She might do club in college. Would be out of state. Not sure yet. I can Understand you not wanting it to be a big finale. We hope to have lunch, that day, with teammates she grew up with. Maybe an old coach and current coaches. We are thinking of planning a dinner, at home, with non gym friends that night as something to look forward to. The meet isn’t super close so hoping it all works.

Stuffed animal and a flower and tell her that you are very proud of her.

Talk to her coach or check the state meet website. They might do something special for seniors at the meet. Whatever you do, don't contact the meet host directly about it. At our state meet, they have the seniors fill out a form at least a week or more before the meet. During the awards ceremony, they call up the seniors, read their responses from the form and their coach presents them with flowers or something.

At my senior's meet, I bought the photo package so we got all of the professional pics taken at the meet. There were no shoutout gifts to purchase but there were shirts and sweatshirts with special iron-ons that could be purchased.

Her gym does an end-of-year banquet and they do a slide show of the seniors and other special stuff for them.

Best of luck to your senior at the meet and in her future endeavors!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back