Leotard Sizing??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have been wearing a gk AM for four years. I was 11 and 4"8 when I first got it (it was HUGE) and now I'm 15 and it's really tight! I was wondering what size I should get next, the AL or the AXL. I am 5'4 and about 100 lbs. I think I have a pretty long torso too. Since I have been wearing the AM so long, I just don't know what to go to next. What size are you in Gk and how tall are you?? Thanks!

GK wesite has a really good sizing chart in it. i would measure yourself and pick according to the chart. The most important measurment seems to be the girth which is your body length.

Good luck. I would guess AL would be fine.

Go by your torso measurements. Im 5'5 and wear an AL or for a super comfy fit, axl, cause I have a really long torso and dont like leos riding up lol

I'm surprised you've all found the sizing to be so consistant. I bought my daughter a leo at Woodward this summer. All the ones they sold were GK. As I was holding them up off the rack, the sizes seemed to be all over the place... two leos that were supposed to be the same size and yet obviously were radically different. She was trying on CL that were too big and AXS that were too small, and vice-versa. Last year when they measured for the competition leos (GK) Kathy measured a "child small." I thought that couldn't possibly be right so I ordered her a "child medium" and I probably should have ordered the "child large" because the medium rode up her butt. This year (they keep the same leos for 2 years) I bought a "child large" off an older girl and would have bought the "AXS" if one had been available (other than ordering a new one at full price). Maybe the adult GK sizes are more consistant than the child sizes, but, like women's clothing in general, I find myself frustrated by inconsistant sizing, even within the same brand! And if a 5'4" 100lb girl has to buy a AXL... well, where do you go from there? A "normal" piece of clothing in an AXL size would fit someone who weighs twice what you do! Anyway, that's my rant. When you buy, make sure you order from someplace with easy returns, just in case! ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back