Let's create a gymnastics story...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

"You see these white strands of hair on my head?" her coach asked, pinching a lock of greying hair. "Well, they were dark a moment ago, before you let go of the bar! You told me you were so confident tonight, that you could do the flyaway in your sleep!"

Her coach was fuming. They had drilled the flyaway and done all the proer preparation work. She could do it and do it well...if only she believed in herself. But whenever it came time to actually do the skill by herself, her confidence always faltered.

She went home utterly dejected. That night when she went to bed,

she was so upset with herself that she was determined to not make those mistakes again. The next day she.....

got ready for gym slipping into her favourite leo. Today was the day.....

She went for her flyaway and....

Last edited by a moderator:
jumped back up the bar and did them over and over again, each one getting better and better. She was so proud of herself! She thought to herself, "If I can do this then I can...

finally one night she desided to go for her giants.She jumped to the high bar and casted to handstand and she started swinging around and around and around untill...........

Last edited:
But she just shrugged her shoulders and said, "It's just pain. Don't worry, Coach: When the pain goes away, it'll stop hurting."

Her coach turned to her and said, "I see that you have been working very hard and I love and admire your newfound attitude and work ethic. But gymnastics is also about control and knowing how far you can push yourself without injury and doing damage to your body. You are a great gymnast and I want you healthy. You've worked hard this evening--finish up with some stretching and go home and get some dinner and some rest." She smiled back at her coach and said...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back