Let's create a gymnastics story...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

the selection comminty.
"Jenny we were talking and we decided to let you come to the first national team camp in two months, you have so much potential. After this camp we will review your skills and see if we would like you to be a part of the team. A few skills that you should work on are: back pike on beam, back tuck back handspring series on beam, double layout flyaway on bars, and your release skills on bars. We though to give you one more chance because we know that you have been recovering from an injury. Just so you know, it will be hard for you to get a spot."
After hanging up the phone Jenny

took a few moments to process this new information. The selection committee had taken time out of their day to call her. Her! To tell her she had potential! Jenny realized that this meant she just had to improve for the national team camp in two months. Two months was enough to get those skills, and more!

"I can do this. I will do this." Jenny said aloud, encouraging herself to trust in her abilities. She knew this was possible. It was just a matter of believing in herself and focusing 100% on the goal. Nothing else was anywhere near as important as this.....

asking how the trials went and Jenny told him everything from how hard she tried to the moment her heart sank to the moment her phone rang, she told him everything. she pressed the send button and fell asleep with the phone in her hand dreaming of her spot on the olympic podium.

At practice the next day, she worked harder than ever, she KNEW that she deserved a spot on the team. It was just a matter of time before they realized. Jenny pushed herself all day, when suddenly she realized it was time to go home. At home, she had a text from Jake, it said
"wow. cool it jenny. i dont need to know everything. good luck with your life, im having a great time here. thanks for asking." She stared at her phone, shocked....

Jenny thought Jake was someone she could talk to he was one of her only friends but now she was just mad. Jenny didn't reply she figured it was better that way. The next day Hannah called...

"Hey Jenny! Wanna join me in the gym to share my private lesson in 15mins? I'm working on double layout flyaways too and I thought maybe you would appreciate the extra practice time! You in?"

Jenny was confused by this offer. Why would Hannah want to share her private coaching with potential competition? Maybe she was just a kind person. But Jenny was still bugged by the warning about Hannah that Taylor had given her on her first day. Who was telling the truth? It was all so confusing!

"Yeah sure Hannah, I'll meet you there at quarter past"
"Great! See you there Jenny!" and she hung up.

While walking to the gym, Jenny figured she'd just have to wait and see what developed with the situation between Hannah and the other girls who were selected, Ashley Megan and Taylor. It would all come to light soon enough.........

She got to the gym and everything was locked. Jenny thought nothing of it. "I'm a few minutes early, its no biggie, my watch is fast anyway so i'm more than a few minutes late." but she couldn't help the nervous feeling in her stomach. She couldn't help but think why am i here? what's going on? and suddenly she began to think she shouldn't have come today. Something was going to go wrong. It was now 5 minutes after they were supposed to start. what was going on? All of a sudden...

but Hannah told me to come and...jenny explained the whole thing. Coach Liukin did not look happy. " i have had enough of Hannah's little stunts she pulled this past year." He called the national committee and jenny heard talk about pulling her out. the next day at gym.... Hannah was now where to be found!

Later that night after gym she say the message machine blinking. IT was the National Comittie!!! OMG!!!!! They left a message to call them back right away. Jenny's heart started racing. ONce she had regained her composure she called the National Comittie. They picked up on the first ring.
"Hi, Jenny we were expecting you to call. We had a very long seirous talk with coach Luikin yesterday and, because of special circumstances you will take Hannah's place on this years team."

Jenny didn't know what to say she was so estatic. After a couple seconds "Jenny are you still there?"

"Yeah, oh my gosh thank you sooooo much. This means so much to me"

"Well you deserved it, and we can't wait to see you at camp in 6 weeks!"

" Me either I will be working VERY hard before then"

" OK talk to you soon Jenny"...

Jenny hung up the phone and started screaming and jumping up and down from excitement. Her mother ran to her to find out what was wrong, and Jenny shared the news. Her mother was so happy and proud that they immediately called Jenny's father. He said...

I couldn't have had a child how does a cheaper sport like soccer, that would take a bit less comitment. Just joking Jenny. You know I love you. Congrats, why don't you through a party, with some of your friends from you old school, along with your teammates, friends from this school, and familly to celebrate. I am sure coach Luikin wouldn't mind. I new you would make it.
Jenny could tell he was almost in tears like her.

Jenny gave her dad a huge hug.

"Thanks dad, I love you too. But if I'm going to be taking this seriously, Coach said I'm not allowed any parties anymore."

"Okay Jenny, you do whatever you need to do to make this happen for you. You know your old dad will be supporting you all the way!"

Jenny grinned at him before going back to her bedroom to let the exciting news sink in...

As she was lying on her bed looking at the picture of Shawn Johnson on her roof she thought of Jake and immediately got to the phone and found seven unread text messages from Jake. "Hey I am in town for the day want to meet up?" "Hey incase you didn't get the message i am in town do you want to catch up or something" "Hey I'm getting worried now please respond" "Hey its me again its my last few hours here if you get the message can we please meet up?" "Jenny if you don't respond now i am ringing an ambulance" "Calling 911 now" "Pressing the call button"...

(nothing to do with the story but it is very important that we read a few posts before because otherwise the story cannot flow nicely e.g take note of words like called, texted, Told and things like that to ensure that actions that would be impossible if the exchange was via text and so on)

She quickly called Jake and said "I am so sorry I just got a call from the USAG Team but I guess we could meet up somewhere." He answered "Yeah that would be great and you can tell me about the gymnastics team. How does 7:00 sound?" Jenny answered "That will be great and fun!" She gave him her address and said she would see him at seven! That night at 6:00 she started getting ready she was really nervous this was her first date what would she wear?? She decided to text Taylor to see what she thought. She texted "Hey Taylor, How are you doing? I was wandering if you had any clothes tips?" Taylor quickly replied....

"Dress anything you feel like" and she texted back "Is it ok to wear a Leotard in a first date." Taylor wrote: "I don't think so. Why don't you try..."

something cute but also comfy." Jenny texted back "Thanks a ton! We should hang out some time!" Taylor answered "You're welcome! Yeah that would be great and I can't wait to train with you!" Jenny smiled and started getting ready....

She was all ready to go and the door bell rang, she was excited it must be Jake but when she opened the door it was Coach Luikin, and he looked furious!

(nothing to do with the story but it is very important that we read a few posts before because otherwise the story cannot flow nicely e.g take note of words like called, texted, Told and things like that to ensure that actions that would be impossible if the exchange was via text and so on)

(oops, that was me, sorry! :( I took the word 'called' to be like, calling someone into a room. Sorry sorry sorry! :eek:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back