Lets see those leos. 2011-2012 edition.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
On a little bit of a lighter note....
Last year we had a thread where we posted pictures of competition leos and warm-ups. It was very interesting to see all the different styles that are out there. I thought it would be neat to do this again. If you feel comfortable posting a picture of you child in the leo that is fantastic..if not, just a picture of the leo and warm-up is great too. (by no means do you have to participate if you do not want to). Please do NOT post pictures that just show other children in it. Your child needs to be the main focus of the picture..if not the only child in the picture. (the picture will be deleted if that is the case. Ms. Bog is a real stickler for that..lol..and rightfuly so).

Here are the new leos for this year. DD is so excited because its pink..lol. Last year L2-L4 wore black with pink and the "big girls" wore the one in these pictures. This year the did away with L2 and have them all wearing the same leo. We were lucky enough to get this used from one of the itty bitty L5s from last year. She is at the small end of the sizing on this one..so, Im hoping that she doesnt have a HUGE growth spurt, and they dont decide to change the leos next year. Crossing fingers that we wont have to buy one at all next year..lol. They ordered new warm ups for all levels. Havent gotten those in yet..or the "showcase" leos either. Will post pictures of those when they come in.
aroundthehouse031.jpg
aroundthehouse032.jpg
aroundthehouse034.jpg

CUTE!! For the first year ever I have no leo to show! In fact this week I will be buying a cheer uniform!

Me Toooo. Alex is doing middle school cheer as well as gym this year. The cheer uniform actually cost more than her leo and warm up cost last year! $325.00. This includes the uniform, shoes, shorts, t shirt, bag, pompoms and the bow for her hair. Last year the leo warm up and bag ran us around $200.00.

Me Toooo. Alex is doing middle school cheer as well as gym this year. The cheer uniform actually cost more than her leo and warm up cost last year! $325.00. This includes the uniform, shoes, shorts, t shirt, bag, pompoms and the bow for her hair. Last year the leo warm up and bag ran us around $200.00.

Ours is $200 plus $80 for shoes, make up (!!!) $20 and a bag for $55. Way more than gym. But the tuition is way less, so I can't complain too much.

I say its open to all. I personaly would have no issue with seeing "uniforms" from any of the sports the CB kiddos compete in.
Its looks to me that no matter what sport they compete in..its a MAJOR expense..lol.
Kadee just loves this leo..like I said because it is pink. It has lots of bling on it. (cant really tell in the picture) and is cute as a bugs ear on the younger girls. But that silver swirl that comes up on the chest of it looks a little "off" on the older, more "mature" girls..if you know what I mean..lol

Deanna, her leo is very cute!! Alex would kill for a pink comp leo!! Here is Alex's. It is the same as last year!!! YEAH! Dodged that bullet this year!!

Attachments

• 5826ST.jpg
    5826ST.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 583
Bog and AGM...I wanna see the cheer uniforms, too!!! When ordering for our team, I saw that GK has a whole line of cheer and dance team stuff, too. Is there any question why it is so expensive, lol?! Some of the cheer and dance stuff is even more blingy than the gym creations...love it!!!
@Deanna...she's too cute!! I love the pink, too!! My coworkers actually tease me because of my pink obsession!!

My dd's team has the same leo as AGM's dd-just in the gym's colors...gold, merlot and black. They are quite pretty. Our warm ups are black and burgundy, and we can't figure out just how we want the back of them blinged out and/or embroidered, so they just have a small logo on the front for now.

IMAG0114.jpg

Same as Last year but we are getting an new warm up suit ($190 for fancy sweat pant and sweat jackt UGH) Don't know what it looks like or when we are going to get it

You can't see it too well but there are rhinstones all down the left sleeve shaped in that same ribbon design

gymleo.jpg

Very nice ladies. I loved doing this last year. I just love seeing all the different styles that are out there. And even the different color schemes with in the same patterns.

Ahh, I love this thread!! I love seeing all the different leos used!!
I don't have mine yet, but we voted for which one (out of 3) and we should know they style this week and order them quite soon!
I'll be posting mine soon!

Cher, it does look that way, doesnt it? I kinda like the look. Makes it very easy to personalize them per gym.
Tallgymnast, cant wait to see the pics.

Well, got their new warm ups last night. They are nice. But, I must say, I liked the old ones better. Oh well, the girls picked them out and they are the ones wearing them...sooo.
warmup002.jpg

warmup004.jpg

Ours is $200 plus $80 for shoes, make up (!!!) $20 and a bag for $55. Way more than gym. But the tuition is way less, so I can't complain too much.

At the risk of getting off topic, our cheer uniform is "on loan" from the high school so it's "free" however, I had to spend $18 on a mock turtleneck, $8 on briefs and $60 on sneakers. They were given a huge gym bag too. Ahhh, love high school versus club LMAO... good thing because I would have been able to afford two comp leo's this year!!

Those leos are pretty - love the merlot color! We won't be getting leo's until closer to December!

Here is my girl in her first Comp. Leo.
She loves it! (Can you tell!?!)
I was sort of surprised at how "un-blinged" it was compared to last years, but secretly happy that I won't screw it up as easily! :p

320180_10150805866725647_709420646_21165422_1270954546_n.jpg

Hopefully I'll have DD's to show off by Friday. Especially since her first meet is Saturday. Nothing like cutting it close, huh? Apparently there was some hold-up at GK. They were supposed to be in two weeks ago. GK has promised if, for some reason, they can't get us OUR leos by Friday, they'll get us SOME leos by Friday. Could be interesting.

I've seen the "sample" leo and it's very simple and un-blingy. The warmups (which we do have, thankfully) don't even have the team name or anything on them yet. Brand new team, everybody had to buy all new stuff, coach just wanted to keep it simple and (relatively) inexpensive. However, my daughter is thrilled because they're NOT PINK. There's a bit of rose-coloring on it, but primarily blue and silver. Her last team was all pink, all the time, and DD is not a fan of pink (probably because her twin sister's favorite color is pink, and if one loves it the other has to hate it. Welcome to my world).

But I digress. Fingers crossed that the new leos come in on time!!!:scared:

Kathy Leo.jpg

Kathy's new leo arrived, just in time for her first meet. No sparkles, no glitz, but I think it looks nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back