WAG Level 2 bars question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2newgymnast

Proud Parent
Can anyone tell me what the deduction is for someone not landing on their feet on the dismount for the level 2 bar routine? I'm not talking about taking a step, but more landing and then falling backwards onto to their bottom. I'm still new to competitive gymnastics and am trying to understand the scoring a little better. My guess is it is a full point (.5 fall + .5 not completing the dismount), but I'm not really sure? Thanks!

If they land on their feet first, it's just .5 for the fall...they still get credit for the dismount. Not sure what the deduction is if they go right to their butt

If they land on their feet first, it's just .5 for the fall...they still get credit for the dismount. Not sure what the deduction is if they go right to their butt

It was hard for me to tell, but it's possible that she went right to her bottom. She said the mat was a lot lower than she was used to. I know it doesn't matter at all at the end of the day, but I'm just curious why her score was what it was. The rest of the routine looked pretty good.. definitely minor issues, but she completed all of her skills and looked pretty good to me. But she scored a lot lower than some of the others that did not make their mill circle or even fell off the bars entirely. It's not something I could really ask anyone else, so I figured I'd ask here. If she lost a full point because of the dismount, her score would make more sense anyway.

DD isn't level 2, but her (old) level 4 season, she did her underswing dismount right to her butt and was only deducted for a fall (0.5) because she completed the dismount, she just didn't land it on her feet....

We never got scores when my dd was level 2, just ribbons. However, her first level 3 meet she dismounted and then fell on her butt. It was a .5 deduction.

Pretty sure it's just a fall... .5

Although her routine may have looked good to you, they can .10 it to death. Bent arms on BHC or mill circle? Legs not locked out? Bent arms in cast? Extra cast in between leg cut and dismount? ( even if it's tiny). There are a lot of little things they look at. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back