WAG Level 3 deduction question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am competing level 3 this October, my problem is, I still don't have the ROBHS, but i'm really close. What would the deduction be for not doing the BHS... also, what are some good drills to get this skill?

My dd competed without a BHS for a bit. If I remember correctly the deduction is 1.2. The value of the element (.6) x2

Is it possible to be deducted the whole thing (or more?) if they do it and it isn't pretty? My DD sometimes does a great one; but sometimes she ends really squatted down... Or is that just a partial deduction? I have wondered (in my mind, not to her or the coaches) if she should just not do it until she can be sure that it will come out right.

Is it possible to be deducted the whole thing (or more?) if they do it and it isn't pretty? My DD sometimes does a great one; but sometimes she ends really squatted down... Or is that just a partial deduction? I have wondered (in my mind, not to her or the coaches) if she should just not do it until she can be sure that it will come out right.

The most they can lose in compulsory on a single skill is the value of the skill (0.6 in this case) + 0.5, so for the BHS, the most she can lose for performing it poorly is 1.1.

Therefore, the difference between a truly horrific BHS and leaving it out altogether is only 0.1. This is when the coach has to make a call to save the child's neck/head over a slightly higher score.

However, most kids who can do their BHS aren't going to lose a full 1.1 I'm having trouble thinking of a case where I took more than 0.8 on a BHS.

However, most kids who can do their BHS aren't going to lose a full 1.1 I'm having trouble thinking of a case where I took more than 0.8 on a BHS.

Clarification: I'm having trouble thinking of a case where I took more than o.8 on a BHS where the child completed the skill and landed on their feet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back