WAG Level 8 1/2?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
My understanding is that the changes for 8 were small. Allowing for a few C skills. Does anyone know specifically what C's will be allowed on each event?

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any specific restrictions on C skills. Only 1 per event though (not including dance skills and previously allowed Cs on bars like FHHS). My DD is doing a double back on bars, back tuck on beam and possibly a full and 1/2 on floor. I believe all of these are C skills. These seem to be the most common C skills I've heard level 8s working towards. I believe some of our 8s might be working on some C beam dismounts as well. Would be interested in hearing what others are doing as well.

Cs were allowed in L8 up until 5-6 years ago. At the time, double tuck bar dismounts were common as were bhs/blo stepout beam serieses and 1.5s on fx. Switch leap connections (not necessarily to back tuck, however) were standard. In region 3, the Wogettes always did extra circles like stalders and toe handstands. I saw one gymnast with a blind/front giant at regionals.

As in the last code, level 8 gymnasts can do as many as they want of the following C skills on bars, all for B credit: clear hip to handstand/back stalder to HS /pike sole circle backward to HS, also all with 1/2 turn, and cast with 1/2 turn.

They can also do "C" dance elements for B credit on balance beam and floor.

The big new change is that they can do one additional C not listed above on each event. From what I have heard so far, it seems like we'll be seeing a lot of double tuck dismounts on bars and layout step-outs or back tucks on beam.

My dd did a BT on beam and double back bars dismounts in level 8, also 1 1/2 on floor. Then they disallowed all that the next year. So I guess they're bringing all that back? I think a few Lvl 8s in our gym will be so happy to do these skills. Should be interesting!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back