WAG level 8 bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

justforfun

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Would this routine meet full start value requirements for JO level 8?

kip handstand
toe shoot to high bar
kip cast back hip circle
cast to handstand
giant to flyaway half.

Thanks for any input!

I don't think so, it needs a b skill from group 3,6,7 to fulfill a special requirement. A back hip circle is an a skill.

Have you asked dd's coaches? They should know.
Good Luck

Have you asked dd's coaches? They should know.
Good Luck
This is the routine they gave her, just seems like it is missing an element to me based on what I have watched. Thought I would ask for other opinions before I speak to them at next training.
This system is new to us!

Most L8s have a pirouette somewhere.
So NOT a coach here, but this is what I found:

Here are the Ontario requirements: 4As and 4Bs and there are rules for optional Cs, plus:

Min 1 bar change .... check!
2 B elements (same or different)
..... One with flight or 1/2 turn ..... Check (on two accounts, toe shoot to high bar AND flyaway 1/2 turn)
..... One a group 3,6 or 7 ..... Not sure if the toe shoot to high bar counts as this or not.
.... Salto or Hecht dismount, min. A..... Check!

The only thing to me is if the toe shoot or giant covers 3,6 or 7. That would be it.

Fliptwisttumble - that was a helpful breakdown. I forgot it was a flight OR 180 skill. For some reason I didn't think the 180 could be on the dismount, but OP definitely has a flight skill. Do casts to HS count as a B? Otherwise I only see 3. I am NOT a coach though so not saying on way or another. I would advise asking her coach as well.

Fliptwisttumble - that was a helpful breakdown. I forgot it was a flight OR 180 skill. For some reason I didn't think the 180 could be on the dismount, but OP definitely has a flight skill. Do casts to HS count as a B? Otherwise I only see 3. I am NOT a coach though so not saying on way or another. I would advise asking her coach as well.
Thanks. The info is on our province's associations's website.

We have a couple of girls who do the 180 in their dismount. I believe the cast HS is a B.

Thank you everyone for the input. Hope to get it explained to me at training this week. I trust DD coaches to know the rules...just a change for us parents with the new system coming our way. I thought a free hip of some sort was required. I like to try and understand the requirements for her routines but I am certainly no coach lol!

Group 3, 6 ,or 7 are all clear circling elements (99.9% positive), so a giant would work. And if using the turning element, it cannot be in the dismount... but the toe shoot has flight, so all is good :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back