Level9 bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gym2

Proud Parent
Landing double back on knees; how to solve this problem?? Also, when doing half overshoot gymnast learned to turn left since she is left handed. Is she turning the correct direction?

Can you post a video of the double back? It's kinda hard to tell what's wrong with out seeing it. It could be a height problem or she could be holding the tuck to long, but a video is needed. My daughter is a righty, and she turns to the right, so it sounds like she is going the correct way. However, if its not comfortable she could try turning the other way. It isn't a set direction, the gymnast chooses which feels better.

Landing ON knees, or landing on feet and falling to knees? If the kid is landing ON their knees, then they aren't ready. Direction of turn has more to do with their twist direction than their handedness. I'm right handed and I'd drop my left arm first (left twist).

Landing double back on knees; how to solve this problem?? Also, when doing half overshoot gymnast learned to turn left since she is left handed. Is she turning the correct direction?

1. which direction did she turn on the level 5 dismount?

2. probably has eyes closed, is pre-tucking and has body in the open position when she releases. so then, as posted above by RennaDanGym, post up a video.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back